What's new

Nacho Libre (1 Viewer)

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
I know that I'm not the only one here that's seen the trailers for this new Jack Black flick.

Looks pretty funny -- looks like we're going to see the return of the talented, School of Rock Jack.

Plus, I think I heard that Beck's scoring this.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I saw the poster for this in the theater and have been wondering what it was about. After watching the trailer I'm going to have to pull the family in to watch this. It looks pretty good.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'm a big wrestling fan, so I'm looking forward to this. I'm also a big Jack Black fan, so I'm looking forward to this. Although, most movies even sort of related to Pro Wrestling suck.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
This looks great, although I'm really waiting for the Tenacious D movie.

Still, Nacho looks pretty damn fine.

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
Great news about Beck -- he seems like an unlikely, but perfect fit for the film. I'm looking forward to picking up the soundtrack when it is released.

On that same token, yeah, the great thing about this movie is that it would seem like a decent family film. Not dumbed down like a made-for-kids Disney film (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I'm excited...though its a shame we still have to wait so long for release.

Such being said, has anyone seen the free (i

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Over the last year some friends and I have been semi-regularly going down to Baja because we get to stay at a company beach house for free. On the last trip, about 3 months ago, two of my friends picked up the mexican wrestling masks that they sell at/near the border.

We are all committed to seeing this film :D

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Can't wait to see this. Was it moved to June 16, or is it still opening on June 2 like the trailers say?

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
The trailers say June 2nd?? Really??

THe official site says June 16th - so I'm guessing that'll be it.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul

Thanks for clearing it up. It does seem to be moved to June 16.

The trailers I've seen in the cinema do say June 2. Then again, I saw a trailer for Pulse and it had a March release date.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Despised Napoleon Dynamite and didn't click with the trailer either. I think Jared Hess must just be a love it/hate it type of director.

James@R

Second Unit
This looks really absurd. Just check out Black's expression as he shoots that kid with the arrow...or his seriousness as he's about to step into the fence with the bull.

Can't wait. :D

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I gotta admit I think this one looks terrible, but I must admit my dislike of Napoleon Dynamite might taint my opinion. I might not be so turned off by it if I didn't know who directed it. Hard to say...

BridgetJZ

Second Unit

Even though I saw and really liked Napoleon Dynamite (I caught it before all the hype), Nacho Libre really doesn't seem to imitate that style at all. The humor was much less deadpan than ND's humor was.

Regardless, I think we can count on this guy to deliver an original, slightly off-the-wall comedy.

I'm looking forward to it for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks