What's new

6 channel stereo ? (1 Viewer)

JohnMark

Agent
Kind of an off-beat question not related to HT, but I need a receiver that can power 3 pair of stereo speakers and was hoping that one of the HT receivers had a 6 channel stereo mode that might work.

Anybody?

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
They have a "5-channel stereo" mode which, with 5 speakers, is obviously not 3 stereo pairs. And even if that mode is used with a 6 speaker setup it's still not 3 stereo pairs.

The "5-channel stereo" mode sends some sort of combined left/right signal to the center speaker and I'm not certain what it sends to the surrounds, exactly, but it won't really get you what you want.

You're better off just getting a non-HT, multizone integrated amplifier if you want multiple stereo pairs.

JohnMark

Agent
Answered my own question. Using a 7.1 receiver that also allows a 2nd zone using internal amps. The 2nd zone is always stereo and the primary zone can be configured for no center and can then be run in all channnel stereo.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
Answered my own question. Using a 7.1 receiver that also allows a 2nd zone using internal amps. The 2nd zone is always stereo and the primary zone can be configured for no center and can then be run in all channnel stereo.
That will work provided the surround speakers are treated as a discreet stereo pair in the "all-channel stereo" mode. Are they?

The Zone2 outputs will be limited to an analog input which probably will not be a problem considering what you are doing.

douglas-b

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Douglas Berry
My Denon has 6 channel stereo and if I trun off the rear surround it switches into 5 channel stereo.

newwhitepeter

Auditioning
Real Name
newwhitepeter
JohnMark said:
Kind of an off-beat question not related to HT, but I need a receiver that can power 3 pair of stereo speakers and was hoping that one of the HT receivers had a 6 channel stereo mode that might work.

Anybody?
This article will introduce a step by step guide on how to change audio channel between 6 channel, 5.1 channel, 2 channel stereo, mono and etc. Then it is just easy to achieve the following demand: at How to Convert Video Audio Channel to 2 Channel, 5.1 Channel, or Mono?

[*]Convert 5.1 to 2 channel stereo like convert H.264 MP4 5.1 audio to 2-channel stereo source so as to play MP4 with 5.1-channel on Xbox 360.
[*]Convert 6 channel to 2 channels like convert 6 channel AC3 to 2 channel MP2 or convert an MKV 6 channel audio to 2 channel stereo without affecting video quality.
[*]Convert 2 channel to 5.1 channel like turn a dual channel wav file into 5.1 AC3 format; convert MP3 2 channel to 5.1 channel, convert 2 channel stereo to 5.1 surround sound
[*]Convert 2 channel audio into 6 channel to get surround sound in order to listen surround sound from home theater.
[*]Convert 6 channel to stereo like converting 6 channel CAF, OGG, AAC to stereo wave files or 2 channel AC3
[*]Convert multiple-channel to mono like 5.1/6 channel to mono, 2 channel stereo to mono and etc.
[/list]

CarJean

Auditioning
Real Name
Jesus
Changing the channel of video can be achieved at one go with HD Video Converter Factory. Set an example, if you want to convert 6 channel DTS to 5.1 channel AC3. You can follow the tutorial : How to convert DTS to AC3 for playing any movie on your tv?
Other conversions such as 2 channel to 5.1 channel, 6 channel to 2 channels, 5.1 to 2 channel and so forth can be also done with the same method.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks