RARE Sansui SR-838 TT

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   AngeloEug

AngeloEug

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted April 09 2006 - 08:46 AM

She's a gorgeous and sonically involving vintage turntable, high compliant arm that was/is highly regarded from our friends from the land of the rising sun.

Sansui made some spectacular pieces and this is one is exceptional.

Posted Image

Comes with Shure M97 IV cart with approx 50-100 hrs, still very detailed and emotionally intriguing sound.

Slight cosmetic blems some scuffing on the front lower of the plinth, and some by the tonearm, nothing deep, superficial surface that can be polished out if one desires.

The finish is piano black lacquer and highlighted with machined silver/aluminum.

Dustcover is 8/10 no cracks at all just some scuffing too that can also be polished as well.

Email with any questions...I'm asking $275 obo...I saw one sell for close to $500 on ebay either a collector or a fanatic but I feel my pricing is fair.

I would prefer local buyer but can ship at buyer's expense. Add $10 for double boxing and packing.

Thanks for looking!

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   AngeloEug

AngeloEug

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted April 12 2006 - 06:49 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://f3.yahoofs.co....YSfPEBleatQLm2
more pics coming!

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   AngeloEug

AngeloEug

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted April 12 2006 - 06:52 PM

Just for reference there are several posts on various forums heralding this table as more impressive than today's Music Hall MMF-5 (a Stereophile recommended component)

In fact, this table is associated with the likes of Thorens TD-125 MKII's, Modded Lenco's and the venerable Technics SP-25.

Just one listen is all it takes...

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   AngeloEug

AngeloEug

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted April 13 2006 - 01:52 PM

sorry, pics are up now. Shipping weight is 29lbs, the table weighs 25lbs all by itself. 5lbs of that is the just the platter.

Thanks

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   AngeloEug

AngeloEug

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted April 21 2006 - 01:55 PM

This sweetheart has sold! Thanks all.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Blaine-O

Blaine-O

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 07 2013 - 06:26 PM

Hi, my name is Blaine and wondering if this record player is still for sale and would you ship to Canada?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users