What's new

Best Buy B1G1F select WB SE $17.99 (April 2006) (merged) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Credits goes to Bobweiser on DVD Talk, but there's a month long special going down at Best Buy (4/2/06 - 4/29/06).

Select Warners 2-disc Special Editions are $17.99, with a Buy 1, Get 1 free promotion tied to it, so it's about $9 per WB 2-disc SE if you get 2 titles (in pairs) you want.

Titles (all SEs):
Big Red One
Batman (1989)
Robin Hood Prince of Thieves
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
True Romance (Unrated)
Wyatt Earp
Rebel Without a Cause
New Jack City
JFK
Boogie Nights
Seven
Unforgiven
The Right Stuff
Magnolia
Lost Boys
Enter the Dragon
Blade 2
Space Jam
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Other possible titles on sale:
East of Eden
Giant
The Mission

Whether you get the deal might have to do with how informed the cashiers are on the deal, or the customer service desk. Some have reported that you have to wait about 10-15 seconds before the checkout system applies the B1G1F to the 2nd title.

Thus, there is a little bit of YMMV to this deal.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
Just got back from Best Buy and they still haven't set up the display stand. They have more copies of the affected titles than normal, but they're all marked at regular price.

I didn't feel like arguing with a cashier if things didn't ring up right, so I'm going to try again in a week.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
At my local BB, they did put most of these titles on its own rack, but there were a few that didn't get their checkout system to apply the B1G1F discount, but if you paired the titles up in different groupings, then the discount would kick in. So the cashier broke up the 6 titles I wanted to buy into 2 transactions.

I had problems with the East of Eden/Rebel with a Cause combo. But the cashier took a look at the rack with all the titles, and then just did a price adjustment for me to get me out of the store as quickly as possible without having to return the previous 4 other titles that rang up correctly (Boogie Nights, Giant, Robin Hood, and Wyatt Earp).

So I got 6 of these for $54+tax.

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
My local BB has this set up and they did include East of Eden, Giant and The Mission. I bought Batman, Blade 2, Lost Boys and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I also almost bought Unforgiven, Seven, Enter the Dragon and New Jack City. I'm definitely going to go back and get at least two of those now that I know my wife would like to see Enter the Dragon.

I'm still moderately tempted by Robin Hood, Rebel, JFK, Space Jam, The Right Stuff, Magnolia, East of Eden and Giant, as well (already got True Romance and Boogie Nights when Target had a similar deal after the holidays). Except for the first four, they'd be blind buys. Any recommendations?

What a great deal! And I'm glad it's a month-long one, so I can space out the purchases a bit and not feel as guilty about dropping so much cash...

Best,

Julio

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
*sigh*

Goodbye hard-earned cash...

Definitely Batman for me. But what to pair up with it?! Probably The Right Stuff.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I already have most of these titles, but I'll use this deal to finally pick up EtD & JFK. Thanks for the heads-up!

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Special Offer: Buy 1 Special Edition Get 1 Free
Offer good through 04/29/2006
Choose two special edition DVD's from an awesome list and get the lower-priced one for free!

Here's the link:
Buy 1 Get 1 Free

Most of the titles state: "Store Pickup: Available at most stores", but a few state: "Store Pickup: Not Available".

Some of the titles listed:
* True Romance
* Boogie Nights
* Seven
* JFK
* Rebel Without a Cause
* One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
* Unforgiven
* Robin Hood: Price of Thieves
* Blade II
* Magnolia

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
You're close Mike, except I wasn't out sick, I was on vacation.
BTW, your link is broken with the new software upgrade, but I get the message with the merged thread.

Still, no excuse on my part. I searched for a previous post, but I guess not well enough though.

Patrick - Thanks for catching the duplicate post and merging into original thread. I'll be more careful next time.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
my local finally put their sale shelf up.
just barley in time for the promo to end in a week.

Sean A

Stunt Coordinator
Has anybody seen this promo in NYC Best Buys ?? I haven't spotted it, and don't recall seeing it in their fliers

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
I will have to check my local Best Buy this week.

I see 2 that I already want to get that I haven't gotten and they are

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
&
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Sean & Don - This promo is valid for on-line purchase with in-store pick-up. Most titles are marked: "Store Pickup: Available at most stores"
I just picked 4 of the titles at random and they were all listed as available in most of the NYC BB locations.
Promo link:
Buy 1 Get 1 Free

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
I was going to order The Right Stuff and Wyatt Earp for in-store pick-up, but the local BB doesn't have TRS in stock, and if I get it mailed the price comes out to only ten cents cheaper than what Deep Discount is offering. Since I was only interested in Wyatt Earp because it was free, I think I'll just go for The Right Stuff from DDD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks