Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 4-11-2006

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 of 59 OFFLINE   Ernesto.Morin

Ernesto.Morin

Stunt Coordinator

• 179 posts

Posted April 09 2006 - 04:33 AM

Thanks for the prices. Just rentals this week.

#22 of 59 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 32,012 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 09 2006 - 06:20 AM

Huh?! What in the wide, wide world of sports is a-going-on here?

cc.com was at $24.99 for the MI/MI2 collector's set. It has indeed dropped to just $12.99 (which is their flyer price for the new release of MI). And, the CC Sunday flyer shows a price of $16.99 for the set. Weird.

I changed the price in the grid to reflect the flyer price for the set.

You know, I've always felt we haven't had enough pictures of Charo in the RoundUp. Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#23 of 59 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,843 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted April 09 2006 - 08:06 AM

There's no such thing as too much Charo...koo-chee koo-chee! Posted Image
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#24 of 59 OFFLINE   pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,845 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted April 09 2006 - 10:52 AM

Thanks guys! Bob Newhart Season 3 for me and (although it is not a dvd) I will also be picking up The Beatles: US Capitol Albums Volume 2.
Gary

#25 of 59 OFFLINE   Jay*W

Jay*W

Second Unit

• 331 posts

Posted April 09 2006 - 03:41 PM

Mike, Thanks as always! A slow week if it weren't for the Beatles set that Gary mentioned. Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search For Christopher Robin is a new release this week, and so might be listed in the roundup. Prices I have seen (most listed in Patrick's post) are as follows: Amazon: $29.99(!) Best Buy: $19.99 Circuit City: $16.99 Target: $16.99

#26 of 59 OFFLINE   Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor

• 581 posts

Posted April 09 2006 - 03:43 PM

If they haven't corrected it by Tuesday does anyone know if Circuit City price matches their website? I'd love to get the MI/MI2 collectors set for $12.99 (& know for sure that it's got a movie ticket inside).

#27 of 59 OFFLINE   Bonnie*F

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts

Posted April 09 2006 - 03:58 PM

Thankfully after last week, nothing this week. Although I may pick up the MI/MI2 SE's.

#28 of 59 OFFLINE   Ken Chui

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

• 976 posts

Posted April 10 2006 - 04:41 AM

Nothing for me this week (thankfully). An excellent opportunity to pick up some discounted video games, made all the sweeter with this $5 coupon.

#29 of 59 OFFLINE   Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted April 10 2006 - 05:30 AM

Maybe MI and MI2 Thanks Mike and Patrick.

#30 of 59 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 32,012 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 10 2006 - 06:57 AM

Nice coupon, Ken! Although RoundUp readers should note to act fast! The coupon expires 4-15.

Jay: Thanks for the prices on the Pooh's Grand Adventure release. Posted Image I was confused on this release (which is a VERY common occurrence. Trust me! Posted Image )

This just got released a few years ago...and was only listed on about half of my usual sources for new release status. So, I left it off the RoundUp. And, of course, find out that someone is interested in the prices. Ah well. You did great by looking up the prices and sharing here with everyone else. Thanks again!

The Merv set intrigues me. I may stop by Target and give it a look-see.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#31 of 59 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,986 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted April 10 2006 - 07:51 AM

Not to give anyone any...immoral ideas or anything, but couldn't you theoretically print off that coupon in #28 a few (dozen) times and get $5 a bunch of stuff? Granted, you'd have to go in a bunch of different times...but it might be worth it if you were looking for pricey sets or something...

#32 of 59 OFFLINE   Ken Chui

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

• 976 posts

Posted April 10 2006 - 08:35 AM

Theoretically speaking, yes. Posted Image

Although there is a disclaimer in the coupon (No copies), there is nothing to prevent a consumer from printing multiple copies and using them, even though you're limited to 1 coupon per membership, per transaction.

Many folks may not be aware of this, but they can automatically get $5 off any video game $19.99 or higher right now if they use the $5 coupon that comes with the Gamer Gift Card. What makes this coupon great is that a) you don't need to purchase a gift card in order to use the $5 coupon, and b) it can be used on any game, regardless of price* (*I have used a similar coupon in the past to get $4.99 games for free, but it depends on the cashier. It's a YMMV situation)

I used it this morning on Geist for the Gamecube (came to $4.99 after applying the coupon). The cashier could have declined acceptance, as clearance items are supposed to be excluded, but she didn't bother reading the terms; she scanned the coupon's barcode, the discount was registered and I left happy. Posted Image I'm heading back this evening to pick up Killer 7 for the Gamecube, another $9.99 title.

#33 of 59 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,986 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted April 10 2006 - 08:39 AM

Thanks Ken. That was my entire idea. I never imagined BB would track who used a coupon and who doesn't, declining the double dippers.

Re: "no copies"...I can always argue mine isn't a copy, it's a print out. It will prolly work with them too, sadly.

Now why didn't I have this on Saturday when I picked up the Apes set??? Posted Image

#34 of 59 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 32,012 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 10 2006 - 08:48 AM

Wouldn't have helped with the Apes set. "Save $5, instantly, on any single video game or PC game title".

#35 of 59 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,986 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted April 10 2006 - 08:50 AM

Mike...I just grabbed mine off the printer and actually READ it. Posted Image

Yeah...video game...maybe a case can be made that some current movies are CGI'ed enough to qualify as video games??? Posted Image

#36 of 59 OFFLINE   Jay*W

Jay*W

Second Unit

• 331 posts

Posted April 10 2006 - 09:44 AM

Mike,

My pleasure -- it's the least I can do to return the favor of all your work!

Despite some misleading information on Amazon and elsewhere, this is the first DVD release (at least domestically) for Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search For Christopher Robin. The film is one of Disney's earlier direct-to-video releases and was originally released in 1997. It is fairly well-regarded as Disney DTV goes.

Ultimate Disney has the full press release available on their website:

http://www.ultimated....ssrelease.html

Jay

#37 of 59 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,919 posts

Posted April 10 2006 - 09:49 AM

I haven't been paying close attention to the upcoming release, lately. It's a good thing I checked. I'll be getting S3 of Bob Newhart and for CDs the new Beatles set.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#38 of 59 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 32,012 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 10 2006 - 03:26 PM

Wow, Jay! Thanks for the info! I coulda sworn Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin had been out on DVD. Just goes to show ya!

#39 of 59 OFFLINE   Paul_Nyman

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit

• 304 posts

Posted April 11 2006 - 06:12 AM

Went into Circuit City for the MI Special Collector’s Edition boxset. Customer Service checked me out for the price of $12.99, they just looked it up online and rang it up. Also has movie ticket inside. Awesome price!

#40 of 59 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,713 posts

Posted April 11 2006 - 07:24 AM

Laurel and Hardy is in the mail. Absolutely nothing else for me to buy or rent. A nice slow week.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users