What's new

Terminator 4 (1 Viewer)

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Looks like this might actually be moving forward. I thought the best part of "Terminator 3" was the end with the actual destruction of mankind
, so naturally I'm excited to now see the actual battles between men and machines that was only hinted about in the other films.

I don't know if the writers they chose are such a good idea but it's definitely worth attempting.

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=22963

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
David, you may want to spoilerize the end of T3, and put several empty lines before it since it shows up in the previews otherwise.

--
H

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Actually, that was the best part of the film. If Arnie going to be in it, I'll kill myself if he goes nude again:p)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm going to get crucified for saying this, but given the direction #4 will be going in, it won't matter to me if Arnold isn't in it, the story doesn't necessarily require him.

If it's going to be dealing with the war between man and Skynet, that means that it will mostly take place on battlefields where Terminators aren't required to be covered in skin since the jig is most definitely up at that point.

If there's a scene or two involving "infiltrator" Terminators, then Arnold may be needed, but I would think that Skynet is smart enough to realize that the humans know what that model looks like with skin and discontined it.

Just because it's a Terminator film does not automatically mean that Arnold is called for in the story. They should make this one cold, hard and gritty as hell, with an R rating if possible, I want to go into the theater and live the nightmare that Reese was talking about in the original, he had pure pain in his eyes while relating that whole thing to Sarah...I want that to come across in this one. :emoji_thumbsup:

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

it somewhat soils the "no fate but what we make' mantra of 2, but i think its a lot more realistic myself.

this series could evolve like Planet Of The Apes did..each film spinning off wildly from the last for quite a while...as long as imagination holds out.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
That's the thing about fate, no matter what one does to try and alter it, circumstances will inevitably lead the individual right where he/she was predetermined to end up.

I just thought of the perfect model for Terminator 4...I want Black Hawk Down with Terminators and HK's. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit

They don't need Ahhnuld anymore. SkyNet would not be stupid enough to use only one skin model to infiltrate a human base. Besides, weren't there multiple "skin jobs" in Kyle's dream/memory sequence in the first Terminator film? I seem to remember a long haired "skin job" breaking into the base.

8^B

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
It took me a long time to see TERMINATOR 3 and quite honestly taken as a whole it wasn't my favorite. However I really did love the end and how it sets up T4. That left me on the edge of my seat for a sequel.

I agree T4 doesn't really need Arnold cause now it's John's story!

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter

Yup, that was one of Arnold bodybuilding buddies.

I know it would be hard watching a Terminator without the Govenator!

They could always get OJ Simpson like they originally wanted. He'd be a great Terminator.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Yes! I just hope they can find a director who can bring it on like Cameron did with that scene mentioned above:

Then it is also a matter of casting the right actors for this, too. Michael Biehn [Kyle] is terribly underrated, despite excellent work in Terminator, Aliens, The Abyss, Tombstone... you get the idea. Even the dream sequence in T2 [director's cut] is Biehn's, though Linda Hamilton was also excellent.

Do the rest of you have any idea of who is set to direct? It would be great if Cameron would come back, but if he doesn't, who do YOU think would be able to handle a Terminator movie?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The IMDb has Jonathan Mostow as the director, though I don't know if that's confirmed or not. It seems to be, from doing a search on T4 news.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I can deal with that, Mostow did an admirable job on T3, although that doesn't bode well for my hoped R rating.

Personally, I would love to see John Mcteirnan take his shot at this franchise, get back to his pre-Medicine Man self when he would just rip your sack off with his films. :emoji_thumbsup:

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Why? All of the previous movies were rated R. If Warner Brothers pusses out and does PG-13...:angry:

There should be absolutely no fucking doubt that all Terminator movies will be rated R, NC-17, XXX...just as long as it isn't PG-13, PG, or G. "Terminator X: World Peace Happy Time with the Connor Family!"

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Whoops, brain fart. :b For some unknown reason I thought T3 was PG-13, I have no idea why I thought that. :confused:

It's all good, then, if Mostow directs. :emoji_thumbsup:

James@R

Second Unit
I don't think Arnold is really needed for the film. To include him as merely a cameo or as a human would not be very satisfying anyway.

Unfortunately, I don't really expect much from the series at this point. There's no real vision left, and it's now down to the studio just looking to churn out a few more sequels.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
The only need for Arnold would be for him to be captured and sent back in time. If they even get that far part 4. Maybe part 5?

I wouldn't mind Jonathan Mostow's return as I really liked part 3. Arnold was more no-nonsense and robotic in part 3 than part 2, IMO. I also like how the movie just moved along with the action as the story has already been set by the previous films. It was a fun movie.

I do prefer the originals, of course, but I don't score part 3 very far behind at all.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I agree with part of that, I don't see the series going beyond 4 except to just make a quick buck, but as for the vision part of it, there is fertile ground for a great movie set in the midst of the actual war, a lot of untapped storylines and truck loads of great battle and action scenes. :emoji_thumbsup:

There have been far worse series' of films than the Terminator films so far, all three have been sci-fi entertainment of the highest quality IMO.

James@R

Second Unit

Oh, there's still plenty of ground left to cover, I was just implying that the people currently driving are not the ones to take us there. (I mean, the scribes of Catwoman and The Net?)

T3 was a fun film, but little else. It was essentially a retread of T2 (Arnold protects, more powerful terminator threatens). For example, if you have this great series that involves time travel, why set the film a mere decade later?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks