Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Ok to drill the back of JBL E 20

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor

• 763 posts

Posted April 06 2006 - 06:48 AM

Hey guys,

I just got my entire new home theater setup last week. I went with E30 and Ec35 for the front, E20 for the sides and E10 for the rears powered by an Onkyo 503 receiver, Oppo dvd player and Z3 projector. I was running out of money so I went with the JBL 250 sub, and guess what, I love it! Sure, its not as good as my old SVs but for now, its perfect.

Anyway, my delima now is I need to mount the speakers on the wall. Is it safe to drill / mount speaker mounts to the back of the speaker? I guess I am worried about drilling into the crossover and damaging something.

Thanks.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   BillSuneson

BillSuneson

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted April 06 2006 - 08:14 AM

Personally a 10 dollar shelf from target would make me sleep easier than drilling into the back of a speaker. Also that will hurt resale if you ever decide on that.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor

• 763 posts

Posted April 06 2006 - 11:18 AM

Hey,

I guess I would have to agree that drilling my speakers would not be the best idea, so, I went to Home Depot on my lunch break tonight ( I work 2-11 pm) and grabbed 2 nipples, 4 flanges and a piece of scrap wood and I am going to make my own little cheap strong shelf, with no holes drilled in the speaker... and the "shelf" will be invisible.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Jeremy Stockwell

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor

• 608 posts

Posted April 06 2006 - 11:50 AM

FWIW,

See Phil Iturralde's post (and links) in this thread (re: JBL S-Series -- don't know that it makes any difference as long as you make sure you don't drill into the crossover!).

JKS
You brought two too many.