What's new

EP 500, EP 600 SVS ultra 12 -2 (1 Viewer)

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
Not being an audiophile, will I notice the difference between any of these subs at the lower range? I am goping with the M80 setup from Axiom and am justwondering which sub will be the best to complete it...looks like 1200 dollars difference between the 500 and the SVS ultra 12-2

mainly I want the power to shock and awe my friends...will they notice the difference between the three???

thanks

dan

Ilkka R

Second Unit
Real Name
Ilkka
First you ask if you notice any difference at lower levels, but then you say you want power to shock and awe your friends?

How large room you got?

But yes, all of those subs are quite different, though EP-500 and EP-600 are closer to each other than to Ultra/2. They both have a single 12" driver, while Ultra/2 has two. Internal volumes of EP-600 and Ultra/2 are quite similar, while EP-500 being much smaller.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Or, for just about equal power, at much lower cost, an SVS PB12-Plus/2 at $1,300 (in black) delivered, is considered by many to be a much better value, (than an Ultra/2). With the new dB12.2 drivers, the Plus/2 is a very powerful alternative. SVS itself calls the Plus series the sweet spot in their line-up.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
I have to agree -- if "shock and awe" are the requirements, save yourself money and get the PB12-Plus/2. I own the PB12-Ultra/2, and have heard many PB12-Plus/2s.

-Robb

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
Thanks for the info. Somehow, i didn't even see the PB12-plus/2s. That's why I love this forum. Just when you think you have done all teh research...Bam someone brings something else to the table.

I think I will go with them.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks