Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

DVD Planet website change

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Charles_Y

Charles_Y

Stunt Coordinator

• 224 posts

Posted April 02 2006 - 06:23 AM

Is there anyone out there that orders from DVD Planet regularly? I'm a LONG time customer and order almost monthly. I was quite dismayed to find the website completely changed with a number of alterations for the worst today since I last ordered (3/5/06).

My existing Wish List is gone and the ability to add a new one difficult to set up at best. The search/sort filters on "Upcoming titles" is gone and overall I'm more than disgusted with this company. I've had some problems with them for a few years now but this is the final straw.

My primary question, can someone point me to a comparable competitor? The things that matter to me most in order are:

1) Selection
2) Pricing
3) Shipping costs (if any? - i.e. Media Mail)
4) Option of a Wish List
5) Stock "indicators"

I've dealt with a few others in the past, but it's been some time and I'd like to do business with someone that is similar, particularly in selection and pricing, as DVD Planet.

This is a dark day for me. I hope a brighter tomorrow in ordering DVDs online awaits somewhere else.

#2 of 3 PeterWe

PeterWe

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted April 17 2006 - 08:38 AM

Well switch to AMAZON.com

#3 of 3 Mark Philp

Mark Philp

Second Unit

• 302 posts

Posted April 24 2006 - 12:02 PM

either deepdiscountdvd.com or dvdempire.com should work for you. By the way DDD ships from the same warehouse as DVD Planet.