Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HD-DVD players, cables included?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   DaveMK

DaveMK

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted March 30 2006 - 08:24 AM

Does anyone know at this point whether the upcoming HD-DVD players will come with the DVI cables included? I really wouldn't want to spend $75-$120 extra just to hook up the player. Along these lines-- does anybody know if the players will have a separate coax/optic audio out? I know DVI contains both audio and Visual, but I would want to send the audio over to my A/V reciever and just send the picture to my HDTV. If this is the wrong forum please send this to the proper one. Thanks.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

• 1,544 posts

Posted March 30 2006 - 08:36 AM

The included cables are never the $100 kind, e.g., both my Oppo dvd and directv HD tivo included an HDMI/DVI cable as well as a dvi cable (oppo) or hdmi cable (hd tivo). No way those cables were $120 each, and they work just fine. You can find plenty of dvi/hdmi cables for $15 or less if they are not included with the new formats and they'll do a well enough job. DVI doesn't include audio; HDMI does.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Tony Kwong

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor

• 521 posts

Posted March 30 2006 - 03:51 PM

I believe both Toshiba HD DVD players include HDMI cables.
--/
tkmedia

Blu-Ray, HD DVD, WMV-HD DVD-ROM, D-Theater D-VHS, D5HD, HDCAM, W-VHS, MUSE LD, HDVS LD.
-too much recorded HD not enough time.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   DaveMK

DaveMK

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted March 31 2006 - 04:33 AM

Thanks guys. I realize now I transposed the DVI/HDMI in my post. My upconvert DVD player did come with a DVI cable and it wasn't the $100 kind and it works just fine. So I was hoping the HDDVD would include a HDMI. The problem I have where I live is that all the stores carry only the really expensive cables and don't stock the reasonably priced ones. It's a great profit item for them. I'll be very happy Blu-Ray players also carry a cable regardless if it's just a standard non super duper high quality. Thanks again. Oh, what about a separate optical or coaxial digital audio output--is that a certainty?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users