What's new

Have any older Warner titles been reissued in keep cases? (1 Viewer)

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
As Warners, New Line and HBO stopped using the dreaded snapper cases for new releases some time ago, I'm wondering whether they have reissued any of their older titles in keep case packaging. Has anyone noticed any particular titles that are now available in keep cases?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me is now available in a keepcase as is the first Austin Powers movie.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I think there have been quite a few re-released in keepcases. Now, Voyager is one that comes to mind, when it was issued in conjunction with the Bette Davis box set. I think there are other similar instances.

Some were reissued as special editions in keepcases, e.g., Strangers on a Train.

Adam Santangelo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Santangelo
A few that come to mind are North by Northwest, Where Eagles Dare, and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. They seem to be using re-releases and boxed collections as opportunities to release keepcase editions of older titles.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Oliver Stones HEAVEN and EARTH is now in a keepcase.

I remember reading it posted here that WB Austrailia gave up on snappers a long time ago, and in fact for either free, or for a nominal charge, you could buy your choice of discs cover insert, to put in a keepcase.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
New Line has also put out American History X and Don Juan DeMarco in keepcases. I wish Warners would also replace more without having to wait for boxsets or special editions to come out.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
My local Walmart has the original Gone with the Wind DVD in a keepcase...kinda odd considering the 4-disc set that was released and all.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart

It's a new repackage of the 4-disc SE's first two discs. If you notice on the back, it's the new restoration with only the Rudy Behlmer commentary as an extra.

Manus

Second Unit
My Jfk Director's Cut disc grip broke last time I watched it . Those snapper cses really make life more difficult don't they?

:frowning: :frowning:

~M~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks