Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

King Kong DVD/Poster Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Moore Maxx

Moore Maxx

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted March 28 2006 - 06:35 PM

Sorry if this has been brought up already but I was wondering if anyone here who bought the original version of King Kong on DVD, when it was released a few months back, ordered the re-issue of the original poster for the film from the DVD slip inside the packaging?

My check for $3.00 or so was cashed some time ago and I still haven't recieved it yet.

Anyone here get it yet or heard why the delay?

Thanks,

Maxx

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Michelle Schmid

Michelle Schmid

Stunt Coordinator

• 130 posts

Posted March 29 2006 - 10:34 AM

My check (for $3.25) was cashed on 3/1/06 but I haven't received my poster yet, either. Posted Image On the other hand, it sure was funny writing "King Kong Free Poster Offer" on a check! Maybe it should have been, "King Kong Free Poster with Postage Paid Offer"? Posted Image

Hopefully it'll arrive soon. *wishful thinking* Maybe it's in my mailbox right now!

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart

Lead Actor

• 7,478 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA, USA

Posted March 29 2006 - 11:39 AM

I just got it yesterday. And I sent the stuff in the week the DVD came out. Oh well, better late than never.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   GlennWD

GlennWD

Stunt Coordinator

• 125 posts

Posted March 29 2006 - 02:41 PM

I got mine almost two months ago. Its framed and is hanging on the wall right now. It looks beautiful. Im sure you will be getting your's very soon.
Best of Film - Jaws, The Godfather Part I & II, Casablanca, M, Citzen Kane, Ben-Hur, The French Connection, Rear Window, King Kong.

Best of Television - The Twilight Zone, M*A*S*H, Night Gallery, I Love Lucy, Hogan's Heroes, Cheers, Monty Python's Flying Circus.

My DVD Collection

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   eric tengren

eric tengren

Stunt Coordinator

• 125 posts

Posted March 29 2006 - 02:55 PM

yeah, I got mine about a month ago.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Jay Pennington

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter

• 1,189 posts

Posted March 30 2006 - 07:21 AM

From the 1933 King Kong DVD set thread:

Quote:
the phone number to call "if you have not received the Poster by the time allotted" is 866-488-4640. Actually, the "allotted" time is 8-10 weeks, not the 6-8 I said before. My request was mailed on Dec. 5 FWIW.

I'm going to call because my poster was creased in the middle by the hamfisted person who put it in the tube.

edit: did so, and spoke with a very nice lady. But she apparently wasn't the one to okay a replacement so she took my address and number and said someone would call with the determination.
-Jay

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Tony Scello

Tony Scello

Second Unit

• 318 posts

Posted March 31 2006 - 12:45 AM

I finally got mine yesterday. It took over 12 weeks from the time I mailed in the form (I was starting to lose hope). It came rolled in a tube and was in perfect condition. I framed it and, as others have said, it looks great up on a wall.
"Something beyond comprehension is happening to a little girl on this street, in this house. A man has been called for as a last resort to try and save her. That man is The Exorcist."