Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dead Zone DVD Sets

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Kieran Brown

Kieran Brown

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted March 24 2006 - 04:09 PM

I have been wanting The Dead Zone released in Australia for so long. The first season finally was but with no special features whatsoever Posted Image. Season two comes out in June I think but I am pretty sure it won't have any special features.
So I may as well have bought R1 all along. I was wondering though what the sets are like? Are there any problems? Is the picture and audio good?

Anything anyone can tell me about the Dead Zone sets out so far would be great.

Thanks.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,469 posts

Posted March 24 2006 - 11:44 PM

Keiran visit TVShowsOnDVD for reviews of all the sets. I have the first three seasons. The fourth is coming out this summer. The audio and vidoe quality is very good. The second season is the best as it had the most episodes. BTW the R1 first season has audio commentaries on each of the 13 episodes as well as featurettes on each disc. So do the other sets. You may want to look at importing them.
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Kieran Brown

Kieran Brown

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted March 25 2006 - 02:37 PM

Thanks for that. Posted Image

I had read through the reviews prior to posting but I saw things like:

Season One
With the exception of a bit of grain, and a small encoding blip on "The Siege,". What would that look like?

Season Three
There was a problem with a 1 pixel white line, is this still the case or are the sets available now all fixed of this problem?

Also, would I need to buy the Dead Zone TV Pilot DVD too?

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,673 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted March 25 2006 - 03:04 PM

That episode is (fortunately) included on the S1 set.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   RandallV

RandallV

Second Unit

• 299 posts

Posted March 31 2006 - 04:23 AM

The third season was a mess with the white line/dashes at the top of the letterbox during every episode. I received replacement discs from LG last year and all is well. In fact they were quite professional about the matter. I have wondered whether the sets I've spotted recently, on various store shelves, are the corrected discs. I would imagine getting them replaced, if you don't live in region one, could be a pain.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,506 posts

Posted June 16 2007 - 02:29 PM

I'm bumping this up instead of starting a new thread. Amazon is having a sale on "The Dead Zone" with the first four seasons $14.99 each and the recently-released fifth season $22.99. I saw this series in the original network run, and with the great price it is currently going for (and how packed bonus-wise they are), I do have one question before I place an order. Are the episodes presented the way they were broadcasted on USA Network (e.g. complete episodes with no music substitutions)? Also, does anyone know if Lionsgate will ever re-issue the unaired pilot?

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,673 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 16 2007 - 02:37 PM

As far as I know, it's all there. And there probably would have been a thread with protests if there had been edits or music substitutions. Posted Image

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Firebee

Firebee

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts

Posted June 18 2007 - 09:23 AM

I wish that I'd stumbled on this sale, after buying my sets at $14.99 each, but oh well, the about $19 I paid for each of the first three seasons and then $22.97 to me was a decent bargain at the time, and enabled me to catch up to what is a great show! Finished watching the fifth season this week and weekend, which was very interesting, then the sixth-season premiere last night! Wow! Posted Image

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee