What's new

Dead Zone DVD Sets (1 Viewer)

Kieran Brown

Agent
I have been wanting The Dead Zone released in Australia for so long. The first season finally was but with no special features whatsoever :frowning:. Season two comes out in June I think but I am pretty sure it won't have any special features.
So I may as well have bought R1 all along. I was wondering though what the sets are like? Are there any problems? Is the picture and audio good?

Anything anyone can tell me about the Dead Zone sets out so far would be great.

Thanks.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Keiran visit TVShowsOnDVD for reviews of all the sets. I have the first three seasons. The fourth is coming out this summer.

The audio and vidoe quality is very good. The second season is the best as it had the most episodes. BTW the R1 first season has audio commentaries on each of the 13 episodes as well as featurettes on each disc. So do the other sets. You may want to look at importing them.

Kieran Brown

Agent
Thanks for that. :)

I had read through the reviews prior to posting but I saw things like:

Season One
With the exception of a bit of grain, and a small encoding blip on "The Siege,". What would that look like?

Season Three
There was a problem with a 1 pixel white line, is this still the case or are the sets available now all fixed of this problem?

Also, would I need to buy the Dead Zone TV Pilot DVD too?

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall
The third season was a mess with the white line/dashes at the top of the letterbox during every episode. I received replacement discs from LG last year and all is well. In fact they were quite professional about the matter. I have wondered whether the sets I've spotted recently, on various store shelves, are the corrected discs. I would imagine getting them replaced, if you don't live in region one, could be a pain.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I'm bumping this up instead of starting a new thread. Amazon is having a sale on "The Dead Zone" with the first four seasons $14.99 each and the recently-released fifth season $22.99. I saw this series in the original network run, and with the great price it is currently going for (and how packed bonus-wise they are), I do have one question before I place an order. Are the episodes presented the way they were broadcasted on USA Network (e.g. complete episodes with no music substitutions)?

Also, does anyone know if Lionsgate will ever re-issue the unaired pilot?

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

I wish that I'd stumbled on this sale, after buying my sets at $14.99 each, but oh well, the about $19 I paid for each of the first three seasons and then $22.97 to me was a decent bargain at the time, and enabled me to catch up to what is a great show! Finished watching the fifth season this week and weekend, which was very interesting, then the sixth-season premiere last night! Wow!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks