What's new

What is the one show you think has been ignored that should be released on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Sarah K.

Auditioning
HOMEFRONT!

It is the one show that I think has been virtually ignored by the powers that be! I can't believe it hasn't been released yet, nor is there any news of a possible release! What is the one show that you think has been ignored that deserves to be on DVD?

LCD22

Screenwriter
Kyle Chandler's other series, "Early Edition". There's a huge demand for this series, and Kyle's getting more high-profile roles ("King Kong" and "Grey's Anatomy"), but it's completely under Sony's radar. God knows what Sony would do to it! I watched "The Wall, Part 2" yesterday on i, and every scene, every edit was perfect. I just wish Sony would license this series to another company to do it right.

Sarah K., btw, I like your "Homefront" sig.

John*P

Second Unit
Family Ties - Which, BTW, is now on the "Most Requested Unreleased Shows" list at tvshowsondvd.com

Elena S

Supporting Actor
"FAMILY"!

Excellent show from the 80s featuring Meredith Baxter Birney, Sada Thompson, James Broderick, Kristy McNichol and Willie Aames. It got good critical reviews and good ratings. I would buy it in a second.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I would have said "The Big Valley" which is my favorite TV western - BUT - Season 1 is coming out on May 16!!!

So I'll say "I'll Fly Away" which was another period Drama which ran for 2 seasons the same years that "Homefront" was on.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Too many to pick one (signature) :D If I had to pick one in the list, "Mission:Impossible" would be #1, only because I have the R2 "Bionic Woman" set already :D

If this included Miniseries: "How the West was Won" would be #1.

WillLon

Agent
Real Name
Wil
Max Headroom (1987) 14 episodes, Warner Bros.

The satire within this series is particularly relevant at this time.

TimmyH

Auditioning
I'd really like to see "Bakersfield PD" on disk, it was a one season wonder in the early/mid 90's that I recall being very funny.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
The two shows that really stick out are Family Ties and Batman, for different reasons. The powers behind the Batman series must know it would sell well, but there are other complicated issues blocking its release. With Family Ties, Paramount doesn't seem to have any faith in the show's selling potential, which seems odd given the great success it enjoyed in the 80s.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
They are Legion for they are many but I would go with The Fall Guy as a surefire hit on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks