Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Complete DIRECTOR CHECKLIST USER GUIDE

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 of 71 OFFLINE   Jim_K

Jim_K

Executive Producer

• 10,089 posts

Posted October 31 2009 - 02:45 AM

Blu-ray capable Michael? Blu-ray?! Of course...been so for 3 years now.......Isn't everybody these days? /img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif

I'm ready for the next format where we'll be able to plug in and download movies directly into our craniums.

So the main feature last night was........[DRUM ROLL]...........Transformers: Revenge of the Sith. Can't seem to find your review ........is it hidden away somewhere? ........Got a link?

Anyway...yep this was a comedy in the same vein as Porky's or the average Farrelly Brothers feature /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif....Megan Fox turned in an Oscar worthy performance.......
Posted Image

the action, non-stop!!...the F/X top notch!!! however some of it was a bit to derivative of other Sci-fi epics.. ...the Terminatrix/Species hybrid, the lightsabre duels, Shia's Jedi powers, the Death Star battle.........I had to roll my eyes though when Megatron told Shia that he was his father (Oh COME ON!) then there was the epilog where Shia transforms into the Star Child [SLAPS FOREHEAD] /img/vbsmilies/htf/eek.gif

All in all it was a highly entertaining F/X romp that doesn't pretend to be anything more............I don't get all the hate for this, but what do I care?
Death before Streaming!

#62 of 71 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Long Member

• 14,442 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted November 01 2009 - 04:46 AM

* bump * ...oh I forgot.

Jim, did you spot R2D2 in Transformers 2? I didn't either. Russell Grant found a site that spots R2D2's in every film ever made, it's in the new Star Trek too. There's some pictures in testy, one of Russell's recent posts. /img/vbsmilies/htf/sleep.gif

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Lord of the Hubs

#63 of 71 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted November 01 2009 - 07:35 AM

Hey, how come i never saw this thread until now?

Jim, Steve, Michael, how are things?

So, Michael reviewed Orphan?! I will have to look it up, cause i sure have not stumbled across it. I saw Entertainment Weekly gave it a D.
I am not sure why i even read that magazine anymore. I am quickly growing tied of it, and disagree almost all the time with their reviews. Anyway, i hear its good.

Thats more than what i can say about Transformers 2. My most hated film of the summer. Oh, how i loved the first one. Hated almost everything about the second, even Megan Fox. I liked her in the first, but something about her? Maybe its all the hidden tattoos, that really turns me off.
Sam's mom, you could have cut out EVERY scene she was in, and the movie would have benefited greatly. She was sooo grating. I also found her to be very UNfunny. So, this movie didnt work as a comedy for me either.

My son, age 16, thought this was the best movie he saw this year. I am clearly out of touch...so be it.

Jim, what this thread needs is another of your bumps!

#64 of 71 OFFLINE   Jim_K

Jim_K

Executive Producer

• 10,089 posts

Posted November 01 2009 - 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Christou 

Jim, did you spot R2D2 in Transformers 2? I didn't either. Russell Grant found a site that spots R2D2's in every film ever made, it's in the new Star Trek too. There's some pictures in testy, one of Russell's recent posts. /img/vbsmilies/htf/sleep.gif">
Nah, I didn't see R2-D2.. though with all that scrap metal flying around the Death Star, Millennium Falcoln and the Enterprise all could've been in there somewhere and I wouldn't have noticed.  Quote:
Originally Posted by RickER 

Jim, what this thread needs is another of your bumps!

Something like this Rick?........................

Posted Image

We had friends of ours over on Halloween and the main feature was Orphan, everyone liked it.  It does have an interesting twist to it.

Death before Streaming!

#65 of 71 OFFLINE   Pete York

Pete York

Supporting Actor

• 560 posts

Posted November 02 2009 - 07:33 AM

This thread was like the boy's bathroom of the HTF.  Then the Dean of Students walked in. And then he bummed a smoke and it was cool again.  /img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif

#66 of 71 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted November 02 2009 - 11:18 AM

LOOK.... AT.... THAT.... CHERRY!

Thanks Jim!

#67 of 71 OFFLINE   Jim_K

Jim_K

Executive Producer

• 10,089 posts

Posted November 02 2009 - 11:54 PM

nice analogy there Pete, I might have to borrow that someday.  /img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif

Rick, that picture almost makes me wish I were a piece of fruit.................

Death before Streaming!

#68 of 71 OFFLINE   Brian.L

Brian.L

Supporting Actor

• 549 posts

Posted November 15 2009 - 05:22 PM

Bump (minus the pictures).  Here's an article about Megan Fox instead.

[Movie Rankings / Music / DVD & Bluray Collection]
Films Watched By Date: [2012/11/10/09/08/07/06]
Film Lists: [2012/11/10/09/08/07/06/05/04]
Top 10s: [2011/10/09/08/07/06/05/04/03]

#69 of 71 OFFLINE   Jim_K

Jim_K

Executive Producer

• 10,089 posts

Posted November 21 2009 - 01:43 AM

Hmm.....Didn't know Megan had a tramp stamp above her pie. /img/vbsmilies/htf/eek.gif  You learn something new everyday..... /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif

No need to bump now that this is stickied..........

here's a pic for you though..............

http://static.hometh...0px-LL-alba.bmp

Death before Streaming!

#70 of 71 OFFLINE   Brook K

Brook K

Lead Actor

• 9,468 posts

Posted December 12 2009 - 05:44 AM

What happened to this being sticky?

2002 Sight & Sound Challenge: 321  Last Watched: L'enfance Nue
Last 8 Films Watched: In the Loop - A- / It Might Get Loud - B+ / What Just Happened? - B / Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - C- / Drums Along the Mohawk - A- / Punisher War Zone - B+ / Moon - C+ / A Man For All Seasons - B+

#71 of 71 OFFLINE   Martin Teller

Martin Teller

Screenwriter

• 2,414 posts

Posted December 12 2009 - 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brook K 

What happened to this being sticky?

I wondered that too, until last night I finally realized... there's a massive link at the top of the Polls page (above all the thread listings).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users