What's new

Anything that top's the Ultra's on the horizon? (1 Viewer)

Chip E

Screenwriter
Looking to sell my PB2+ to a buddy.. I'll upgrade to some sort of SVS Ultra. I thought i read rumbleings of a possible new driver that out does the current Ultra? If anyone has any insight, i'd appreciate it. Thanks.

-Chip

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Well

You could have heard a couple different things.
1) The Ultra driver is being redesigned.
2) The Adire XBL2 technology is elegant and inexpensive.

The Plus/2 is perhaps the best value in the high power SVS line. The Ultra/2 is not nearly as good a value according to those who have tried them both. Dual Ultra's will set you back about $2350 with the 5% discount.

I would wait till the new Ultra driver is available and think carefully about the fact that one Ultra is not going to give you the oomph you are used to.

Chip E

Screenwriter
Thanks Arthur. I'm not interested in Adire. I'm sure their great. Money is not the main concern either. Looks like dual Ultra's are in my future. Thanks again.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
I would just wait till the new Ultra driver comes out. Don't know how long that will be, but to me it doesn't make sense to buy 4 year old technology when the latest is just months away.

Bertrand-R

Agent
Chip let us know what SVS sait about the Ultra. I'm in the same situation. I just sold my PB10 and the Ultra is in my sight.
Bert

mylan

Screenwriter
The Plus/2 is perhaps the best value in the high power SVS line
If thats the case, shoudn't we wait for the replacement for it?

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Good question Mylan. The newest driver from SVS is the dB12.2 Plus driver which SVS sells for $275 as a replacement part. Appparently, it is so good it gives the current Ultra driver a run for its money.

I can't really answer your question because I don't know how old the OP's sub is. For the sake of discussion, if his Plus/2 does not have the dB12.2 Plus drivers, it might make sense for him to consider a new PB12-Plus/2.

And again, I am simply repeating what those who HAVE had experience with lots of the high power SVS models are saying. The new dB12.2 driver is simply one of the best and that suggests that waiting for the new Ultra driver might make sense for those who want the best SVS has to offer.

Just so I am clear, the answer to your question is no, because the new Plus/2 already has the dB12.2 driver.

Johnal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnal
Could someone provide a link or reference a site where they discuss introducing a new driver? THanks!

douglas-b

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Douglas Berry
I think they are changing all their drivers in their lineup but this is purely speculation. I ordered a 20-39 PCi and was told they were re-tooling and I would have to wait several weeks. I ordered it the 13th and I still haven't got it yet. I was just told I would be very, very happy I waited. Who knows but I'm getting tired of waiting....

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Douglas

That is very interesting. It is hard to imagine that they will be putting the dB12.2 Plus driver in the 20-39PCi, because then, what would they put in the Plus series?

Still, when they say you will be very, very happy you waited, that sounds really good.

douglas-b

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Douglas Berry
It might not be the dB12.2 but something else is going on because they are re-tooling everything. I did state that I ordered a Pci and they told me it would be the best Plus they had ever built??? I've been VERY confused the last couple of weeks.:frowning:

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Douglas

I don't understand what they meant, "it would be the best Plus they had ever built".

In any case, I have a 20-39PCi and it is a very nice piece of work. Whatever upgrades they are making will only make it better and you will not be disappointed.

At one time, the 20-39 PCi was SVS top selling model.

You made a good choice, and you are going to have a lot of fun when it comes. In the meantime, think about what you are going to listen to and watch when you get it :) .

Bertrand-R

Agent
I read somewhere that SVS has develop a kind of turbo like HSU, that was on a internet magazine, true or false who knows......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks