Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Sam's Club TV DVD deals

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 of 27 OFFLINE   Arnie G

Arnie G

Supporting Actor

• 662 posts

Posted March 21 2006 - 10:32 AM

I just got back from Sam's Club where I got Firefly for $17.88. They had a bunch of other sets at that price including various seasons of:

Tru Calling
CSI
Dark Angel
Angel

Right now I don't remember what elsePosted Image
I've got my own Toto

#2 of 27 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,166 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 21 2006 - 12:40 PM

CSI?! @ $17.88?! Posted Image

Arnie: No recollection of which series/seasons?

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#3 of 27 OFFLINE   Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,293 posts

Posted March 21 2006 - 12:55 PM

CSI at my Sam's is going for a lot more than $17.88. They have most of the seasons in the $50 price range or so (they vary).

Steve
Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

#4 of 27 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,166 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 21 2006 - 12:59 PM

Exactly. That's the current price range at my BJ's Wholesale Club ($45 - $59).

Maybe he's talking about Season 1 of CSI: Miami or something? But I'm not even sure any of the other series titles have been dropped to that kind of price.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#5 of 27 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,166 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 21 2006 - 01:13 PM

Wouldn't ya know. Amazon's got CSI: Seasons 1 and 2 up for a big TV on DVD sale. $28.97 apiece! Best price I've ever seen!

Still no $17.88, though. Posted Image

#6 of 27 OFFLINE   Arnie G

Arnie G

Supporting Actor

• 662 posts

Posted March 21 2006 - 01:23 PM

I'm not sure which CSI it is but I think it's the first & second season sets with William Peterson.

I think Gilligan's Island 1 is there too.
I've got my own Toto

#7 of 27 OFFLINE   SteveVM

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator

• 114 posts

Posted March 21 2006 - 01:46 PM

At my Sam's CSI was in a differnet place and S1 & S2 were lower at I think like $31.87.

Also in the $17.88 was Murder One & Millenium and Arrested Development S1 & S2 and some other that I don't remember.

#8 of 27 OFFLINE   John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted March 23 2006 - 09:53 AM

Picked up Firefly. Finally going to try it at this price.
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

#9 of 27 OFFLINE   Dax P

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator

• 230 posts

Posted March 23 2006 - 01:57 PM

Hm. No success at my Sam's on Murder One (or Dark Angel... didn't love the show, but worth having for Jessica Alba...), but I did pick up all three Kung Fu seasons for $17.88 each...

#10 of 27 OFFLINE   SteveVM

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator

• 114 posts

Posted March 23 2006 - 10:47 PM

My Sam's did not have Kung Fu at all

#11 of 27 OFFLINE   Dax P

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator

• 230 posts

Posted April 11 2006 - 12:39 PM

A box of those Fox specials (Dark Angel 1 and 2, Murder One 1, Roswell 1, MalcolmITM1, The Lone Gunmen) has since come into my local store.

Also a good deal: WB's Batman: The Animated Series (all 4 volumes) available for just under $22 each...

#12 of 27 OFFLINE   Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted April 11 2006 - 05:09 PM

Twilight Zone definitive collections are like $59 IIRC...plus you can get the 4-pack X-Files Mythology Collection set for $69.
Kyle McKnight

#13 of 27 OFFLINE   Len Berkoski

Len Berkoski

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted April 17 2006 - 06:54 AM

Anybody know if Twilight Zone Season 5 is included? I stopped at my local Sam's, and they only had Seasons 1-4. I ask because there's another one I could drive to, but don't want to make the trip if it's a lost cause.

#14 of 27 OFFLINE   Dax P

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator

• 230 posts

Posted April 17 2006 - 09:42 AM

I have seen Season 5 TZs at that price at Sam's, yeah (haven't gotten one yet...).

So it's possible, but not a guarantee, of course, that your other Sam's will have it.

#15 of 27 OFFLINE   Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted April 21 2006 - 01:11 AM

My local Sams Club has season 5, just saw it there last night.
Kyle McKnight

#16 of 27 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,576 posts

Posted May 02 2006 - 03:08 PM

I broke down for Firefly (hoping the movie will make more sense now) and S1 of Millennium and I am resisting S1 of Angel. Has anyone seen other seasons of either Millennium or Angel at $17.88 at any Sam's?

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#17 of 27 OFFLINE   pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,843 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted May 02 2006 - 05:05 PM

When I was at Sam's today I noticed several new season sets. Bare in mind, I skimmed the section quickly because I was on a tight timetable and looking specifically for the new Leave It to Beaver. I observed a whole slew of Simpsons titles, Family Guy, Futurama and American Dad. All were priced $24.xx (I forget the exact amount - perhaps .77?) It looked like every season of The Simpsons was represented (including the Homer heads) except for the most recent season. They also had several new Paramount titles, including multiple seasons of The Brady Bunch, plus the aforementioned Tru Calling, CSI, and Dark Angel. I also recall seing a few other Fox sitcoms. The first season of Bob Newhart and Malcolm In the Middle were both priced under $18.

I don't know if this is all just overstock or the beginning of a big TVonDVD inventory sell-off, but they had LOTS of different titles at pretty attractive prices...
Gary

#18 of 27 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,166 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 03 2006 - 02:33 AM

Gary: How'd ya make out on Beave?

#19 of 27 OFFLINE   pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,843 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted May 03 2006 - 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon
Gary: How'd ya make out on Beave?
Mike, I posted that over in Coupons and Bargains -- $33.32 IIRC. Also check out my inital comments on the set over in HT Software - TV Shows and TV Movies.
Gary

#20 of 27 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,166 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 03 2006 - 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cianciosi
Mike, I posted that over in Coupons and Bargains -- $33.32 IIRC.

But, Gary...this IS Coupons & Bargains! Posted Image

You and I have been chasing each other all over the HTF this morning! Thanks for the info!

Forum Nav Content I Follow