Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A week in Atlanta

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   DonRoeber

DonRoeber

Screenwriter

• 1,851 posts

Posted March 21 2006 - 06:42 AM

I'll be heading to Atlanta for a work next week. My weeknights will be free. Anyone have any suggestions? It appears that the coke museum and the aquarium both close at 5pm, which kinda stinks.
Luckily, right at that moment, an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof.

He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Jason Pancake

Jason Pancake

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted March 21 2006 - 06:56 AM

Pick up a copy of "Creative Loafing" as soon as you get in town for a rundown on events and things to do in and around Atlanta.

This is their online version but it doesn't live up to the print version...

Creative Loafing Online

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 2,078 posts

Posted March 21 2006 - 10:34 AM

The High Museum of Art is open until 8 on Thursdays.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Brook K

Brook K

Lead Actor

• 9,468 posts

Posted March 21 2006 - 06:26 PM

Two words:

Magic City Posted Image

Seriously, I think most of the Atlanta tourist attractions are a rip-off compared to other cities I've visited. Haven't been to the aquarium because of the ticket prices. You might have a better time checking out the local theatre or music scene.

If the Thrashers or Hawks are in town while you're here that might be a better option if you're into sports.
2002 Sight & Sound Challenge: 321  Last Watched: L'enfance Nue
Last 8 Films Watched: In the Loop - A- / It Might Get Loud - B+ / What Just Happened? - B / Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - C- / Drums Along the Mohawk - A- / Punisher War Zone - B+ / Moon - C+ / A Man For All Seasons - B+

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor

• 723 posts

Posted March 23 2006 - 12:59 AM

You can always goto a Braves game. They have a sweet 80' x 80' (approx) HDTV to look at :-) Oh, and ... Go Braves!
Anthony Moore

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 2,078 posts

Posted March 23 2006 - 07:30 AM

The Braves won't be in town when he's here. Too bad he can't go to the Georgia Aquarium. The place is spectacular. Brook, the price of admission is in line for other aquariums. For example, it's only about a dollar more than Monterey and it's much larger.

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts

Posted March 23 2006 - 09:42 AM

if you like to eat, try Fogo de Chao - brazillian steakhouse. Some guys that attended a Cisco class with me a few years back ate there every night they were here. Any specific region of Atlanta you will be staying near (downtown/Buckhead/airport/etc)? I could recommend you some good resturants and maybe nightspots if you're interested.

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Carl Miller

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

• 1,461 posts

Posted March 23 2006 - 01:03 PM

Totally second Matt's recommendation for Fogo de Chao...awesome. I was in Atlanta two weeks ago, and couldn't get into the aquarium. The CNN tour is overpriced, but sort of worth checking out, however probably not open at night. Coca Cola museum was a let down...Don't bother with the Underground no matter how good someone tells you it is. I've spent about 3 months in Atlanta for work over the past 2 years, and found that on weeknights, there isn't much to do other than dine out and hit some bars if you're into that. On the bright side, there are lots of very good restaurants.
Carl

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,174 posts

Posted March 23 2006 - 01:49 PM

I think there's a pair of exhibition Braves-White Sox games at the end of this month (next Friday and Saturday, I think). The Atlanta Hawks are in town on Wednesday (Indiana) and Friday (New Jersey). The Atlanta Thrashers are not in town next week. I love Fogo de Chau's. It'll set you back $65-up (after tip, and if you are a drinker, it'll be more) Buckhead's okay if you under 30 or so, just a bunch of bars in a concentrated geographic location. There's Dave and Buster's, but they have 2 locations, both locations are outside of I-285, in the NE and NW side of town. There's always the Cheetah, might be interesting to watch the Final Four games next Saturday from there...
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted March 23 2006 - 02:02 PM

Lotza bars/clubs, lotza women Posted Image.

--
H

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users