Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

FPTV: How to deal with cathedral ceilings and windows?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Karim Nogas

Karim Nogas

Stunt Coordinator

• 139 posts

Posted September 15 2001 - 07:49 PM

The only room where I could possibly set up FPTV has both of these drawbacks.

Is it still possible to deal with these shortcomings?

I'm actually worried more about the windows as I have 8 large ones (5 on one side, 2 on another, 1 on the third wall). The fourth wall has a patio door. There is also a five-sided window near the top of the ceiling (damn the architect!)

I currently have a RPTV set-up but the itch for something better has arrived...

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter

• 1,529 posts

Posted September 16 2001 - 08:32 AM

Well, there is no law that states you have to mount the projector in the ceiling. Posted Image

You can create very tasteful and attractive installations where the projector is mounted at floor- or table level. Perhaps inside a specially built table?

The windows are a bigger problem; don't know how nice looking blackout curtains are when not pulled down. Still, depends entirely on your budget how nicely things get solved, I'd guess.

------------------
/Kimmo

"If we do happen to step on a mine, Sir, what do we do?"
"Normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet in the air and scatter oneself over a wide area." -- "BlackAdder 4"

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   John-D

John-D

Stunt Coordinator

• 200 posts

Posted September 17 2001 - 07:02 AM

Go for a digital projector with >2000 Lumens rating. Some of them are bright enough and actually look better with some ambient light.
The things we own, end up owning us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users