What's new

It's time for another Austin meet!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Jonathan DA

Screenwriter
Hold your breath everyone, it's time for an AUSTIN HTF GET TOGETHER!!! It's been ages since we've had a meet, so gosh darnit, it's about time!

Humphrey and I are going to do a comparison of the AE900 and CRT next Saturday, the 25th, at 7:30 at my place. He also suggested Jay might be interested in bringing over his AE700 to do an old model vs current model comparison. And, if we have time we'll watch a movie after the demos. If anyone wants to bring other projectors to add to the mix, please feel free, the more the merrier.

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor
I'll be there. Any chance you guys will have filters on hand? I'd like to see what help an ND filter would have on my old Sharp.

Humphrey

Stunt Coordinator
Of course I'll be there.

Equipment I'll be bringing:
  • Panny AE900
  • Oppo Digital Upscaling DVI DVD Player
  • 15' DVI -> HDMI cable (monoPrice)
I have a 10' DVI->DVI cable as well. Speak up if I need to bring it as well.

Chad will you bring your 81C filter? I'd love to see any differences it makes.

Bob Yarbrough

Auditioning
I will be there with my Mits HC3000U. Do I need to bring my Oppo DVD player? Anyone going to be there that is a whiz at calibration? I have AVIA and the GetGrey disk. Should have Hoya 77mm multicoated filter by then as well.

Also will need contact info and directions.

Jay.H

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be there with my AE700. Looking forward to see the differences in the upgrade.

Bob,
Welcome to the Austin HT forum!

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Bob: Welcome to the Austin group of crazies.

I'll try to make it (daughter and her fiance will be here - maybe I'll drag 'em along).

James Phung

Second Unit
I'd like to come. I could bring my ND2 filter. I don't think I need to bring my 4805 but I could if there's interest. I can dig up some HD content if we need some of those to play, presumably off of Jonathan's HTPC.

Jonathan DA

Screenwriter
Chad,

Feel free to bring whatever snacks and/or drinks you'd like. Except for beer. We have a ban on the smell of beer here. Any other alcohol is fine, just not beer.

James,

The ND2 filter would be a fun comparison against Chad's 81C. People can see the effects of cutting light output vs color correcting.

Humphrey

Stunt Coordinator
Is the ND2 a 77MM? That's what the Panny uses. I'd like to see what difference it might make. Last night looking at the black levels on the new Panny I was very happy. Would be interesting to see if it could get better but I know it'll be a challenge.

James Phung

Second Unit
The ND2 is a Hoya 62mm. If anything, we could hold it over the panny's lens. :) I'm at 1700 hours on the 4805 and I still got the filter on, it still seems too bright without it.

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor
A DVI->DVI cable would be helpful for my Sharp projector. It takes DVI only, or I also have a VGA->DVI adapter (I use component video->VGA->DVI on my setup).

Humphrey

Stunt Coordinator
I have a DVI-DVI cable I can bring if that means you are bringing your Sharp Mark. Also DVI to HDMI cable and a few misc adapters.

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor
That would be very helpful Humphrey. Also I can bring my screen (Dalite Insta-theater) if anyone wants. It's a little wavy like any roll-up non-tensioned screen, but it's not too bad and actually looks pretty good for a gain screen.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Doc, if you like I could bring over one of the 8300HD DVR's?

Also, are there any additional DVDs you might like me to bring along?

Bob Yarbrough

Auditioning
Jonathan, Nils or ?

Someone call me at 750-2751 with time and directions to Johnathans.

My email is DOWN until monday or tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks