Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

XM Subscriptions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   BenS

BenS

Stunt Coordinator

• 210 posts

Posted March 14 2006 - 12:14 AM

Howard just had a few callers tell him they threatend to switch to Sirius and XM reduced their monthly fees to $3 a month. Worth a try to get a rebate for the monthly fees from XM. The were also offered a $150 free radio.
Thanks,

Ben

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,973 posts

Posted March 14 2006 - 03:17 AM

Ben, I had to look at your post a few times to understand what you were talking about. Okay... This is actually true. A friend of mine threatened to cancel the XM subscription that came with his Honda vehicle (he has an ipod) and was offered a substantially reduced yearly rate in order not to cancel. I think he is paying $70-$80 a year, which adds up to at most, around $6.66 a month. I have also cancelled an XM radio subscription (when I sold my old car and bought a new one) and was offered a deal to come back at (I think) $5 less per month -- the same price they offer those who own a second XM radio. So, yes, from what I understand, if you threaten to leave XM radio, they do woo you back with a better price offer. My only fear is once this information becomes widespread, the deal is going to be defunct.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter

• 1,090 posts

Posted March 14 2006 - 09:54 AM

A legitimate concern, especially if it was announced on Howard's radio show. Also, I don't want to play the part of "high and mighty moralist" here, but I wouldn't recommend that my fellow HTFers do this, not unless they really are considering jumping ship from XM Radio to Sirius. Just my $.02, of course...

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted March 15 2006 - 04:46 AM

[q][q] I don't want to play the part of "high and mighty moralist" here Well, I will play that part. If you have no intention of dropping XM, that is one mighty cheap and sleazy thing to do.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   TheLongshot

TheLongshot

Producer

• 4,119 posts

Posted March 15 2006 - 05:03 AM

Sirius does a similar sort of thing, but not quite as good of a deal. (I think they offer a couple of months free.) Jason

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users