What's new

FINALLY!! The Incredible Hulk Season One!! (1 Viewer)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
It's about friggin time!!
I can't believe that Universal has FINALLY come to it's sences and announced Season one in July! This has been a long time coming for fans (like myself) who felt ripped off by that "Ultimate Collection". Let's hope they don't make us wait another two years for season two to be released.
As an interesting sidenote, I noticed that in the last few months, my local Walmarts have been clearing out their stock of the "Ultimate Collection" for $20. I paid $89.99 for mine a few years back. Maybe this was under Universal's direction to clear them out before the Season One release hits the shelves. Makes sence..

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
You paid $89 for that set? I didn't even bother to even consider buying that set. Why would I buy a best of collection of episodes when I'd rather have the complete seasons on DVD. Besides, I knew that Universal would end up releasing the complete series eventually so I'm glad I waited for this release.

How many of you guys bought those sets? As for me, I'm all hyped as I've been waiting for them to release this series as complete seqason sets.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
YES finally I haven't bought the other set as well. Main reason being is a little while ago a local station was playing some episodes so I got to see some :)

Can't wait for this :D This is especially good since Knight Rider will be finished next month so I'll have some time to watch the set right away when it comes out.

MattHR

Screenwriter
It's about time! Hopefully Universal will release the entire series. The pilots and the five seasons could be released as four sets:

Set 1: Both pilots ( 2 hrs. each) + Season 1 (10 episodes)
Set 2: Season 2 (23 episodes)
Set 3: Season 3 (23 episodes)
Set 4: Season 4 (18 episodes) + Season 5 (7 episodes)

The three "reunion" TV-movies are already available from Anchor Bay (they were not Universal productions.)

I think it would be cool if Universal used a lenticular cover for first set -- it could show Bill Bixby "changing" into the Hulk, and back again. Although this image is somewhat overused, I think it would make a great cover for Season One. The lenticular design would be very appropriate for this show, rather than just a packaging gimmick .

EDIT: fixed links to combine images

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I resisted buying the earlier sets in hopes that season sets would be coming. Season 1 in July? Sign me up.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Ah, I was Universal's bitch - I totaly got suckered in buying the set. Well, I'll gladly double dip on this one - it was a great show.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Couple of things: Mark, I agree with you. I refuse to purchase any Best of's or Collections anymore. I bought the Fat Albert Time Life set, although I actually made money selling it on Ebay. Scooby-Doo recently had a Best of set because they couldn't get all the actors to agree on royalties. I didn't buy it.

Let's face it, this set is long overdue. I thought that following the cinema release a couple years ago Season Sets would have been a no-brainer.

I'm glad we are getting Complete Season Sets (I take it). Keep the Bill Bixby stuff coming. I would also like to see The Courtship of Eddie's Father sometime down the road.

This is good news (Green) as we head into St. Patty's Day this Friday.
:D

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
This is awesome news. Funny, they were discussing super powers this morning on Mark & Brian, and TIH came up. I never got the Ultimate set, but I did Netflix all 6 discs and enjoyed the hell out of them. The picture quality was stunning, so I imagine the season 1 set will be the same. I'm a bit concerned that the entire series will be released (this is Universal we're talking about)... I'm sure any Night Gallery fans will agree.

MattHR

Screenwriter

Actually, Universal hasn't announced anything. The news came from a mention on creator Kenneth Johnson's website, which was then posted on TVSoDVD.com. I have no reason to doubt Kenny's site, but we still need to wait for the "official" Uni announcement before the clothes can come off and commence the ritual dance.

Kenny broke the news to me about his commentary on the Alien Nation set, and it became "official" a few days later, so I think the Hulk news is legit. Universal will probably have to announce a bit sooner than planned, since "the cat is out of the bag."

MattHR

Screenwriter
Hopefully Uni will release more than just the first season. I believe there is only one episode from the first season that was already included on the "ultimate" set, so there'd be little duplication. I think there were a few more S1 episodes on the UK R2 volumes, too.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I think it all depends on how well the first season sells. But, I would expect a separate release for the last season though ...:D

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

Yes, I was Uni's Bitch in that regard.
However, this being on my top 5 favories of all time. I don't mind double dipping this one. If anything, I'll put my ultimate collection on ebay if all 5 seasons are released!!
And yes, the picture quality on that sets IS very good. I hope the future releases are as good.
:D

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

yeah, at this point i would be thrilled to see them announce a "best of' set consisting of select Night Gallery eps from the 2nd and 3rd seasons- but that obviously won't happen.
which is why i had no problem with the Ultimate collection- although i would have prefered season sets off the bat, but i like the show so i'll take it any way i can get it. Kind of disappointed to hear that there were only 10 eps in season 1, though.
i would happily pay more to have season 1 & 2 in the same package, but that probably won't happen either.

oh, one other nice thing about the UC, they were single sided discs. how often do you see that from Universal?

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I will definately be picking this up!... I bought all the TV movies... as well as the premier episode disc... but didn't buy the collection... though I was starting to weaken and consider getting it.. till I read this news! :D

MattHR

Screenwriter
I whipped up a 3-D shot of a package concept I posted above. I e-mailed it to Kenny Johnson to see what he thought -- and to ask him if he was going to be involved with any special features on the Season One set.

The good news: He replied within minutes, "Cool cover!".
The bad news: "I have offered my services (to Universal), but they have yet to respond. About the same as you."

Not long ago, Kenny was able to sway Fox to allow his commentary to be included on the Alien Nation set at the last minute. Let's hope there's still time for a similar intervention with Hulk. It'd be nice to see Kenny, and Lou Ferrigno, involved somehow. Too bad Bill Bixby is no longer with us. If he was, I'd bet anything he would have contributed generously to the set -- or at least made it known he was willing... as Kenny has done.

C'mon Universal! Don't let us down!

EDIT: fixed link to combine images

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
And neither is Jack Colvin (who played reporter Jack McGee), for that matter. Unless they can find vintage interview footage with Bixby and Colvin, the only new segments would have to be with Ken Johnson and Lou Ferrigno. I for one wouldn't mind dipping for this series on DVD, as it was one I fondly remember from my youth (along with the three TV movies).

Anyone remember the Hulk comic strip that came out around that time? Stan Lee and Larry Lieber took the series format and had David Banner/the Hulk in a daily syndicated strip that ran for several years. I thought it was quite enjoyable and followed it for as long as I could.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks