What's new

Courtship of Eddie's Father (Where is this Release?) (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I've been wondering where is this classic series that starred the late Bill Bixby? I grew up on this series and it's about time that it received its own release. What gives?

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
Uh, no sex jokes, insults, scatalogical jokes and everything else that passes for "humor" in sitcoms today. And there's no gimmick (witch, genie, martian, etc.) It's a warm, family comedy which unless it's insipidly written like The Brady Bunch, doesn't appeal to 18-35 year olds.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
It's not written like the Brady Bunch at all. This series is a classic series and comes from a long range of hit shows like Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Gilligan's Island, Addam's Family, Andy Griffith Show, Dick Van Dyke Show, Lost in Space and so forth.

This series is a must for any library because it showcases the wonderful talent of Bill Bixby.:D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My wife said to me just the other day (about The Courtship of Eddie's Father)..."now there's a TV show I'd like for you to get on DVD!"

:D

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Har! I went to junior college with Brandon Cruz; he used to talk about the show all the time. He'd probably be thrilled to participate in a dvd if they actually ever made one. He was buggin' Bill Bixby till the day he died about making a reunion movie but it was not meant to be. He also told me that Norman and Tina smoked pot off camera HAAHHAAHA!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
This airs regularly on the American Life Network for those who get it.

A lot of that station's programming is controlled by Warners. I'm not sure if this show is, but fans of this could ask Warners about it at the upcoming TV/Animation chat.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Well, Flipper got a release (on MGM), and the transfers are first rate. There is hope!

I'd preorder Eddie's Father now if I could. Lets have it WB! People are buyig lame bootlegs instead! Why make them do that?!!!

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I've seen dealers actually selling copies from the cable TV broadcasts, but I want the Real McCoy! I'd buy a Warner release so fast your head would spin!

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Now that we have Martian S3 wouldn't it be nice to see this come out next?

Is anybody with me on this one?

I wonder if Chertok productions Down Under would be able to purchase the rights?

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
Not an issue for me. This ran (in the days before station logos) complete and uncut on TNT years ago and I recorded them all perfect quality. Not a rare show for those of us who didn't just start collecting in the 2000s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks