What's new

Polk R15s on sale again... (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Weird.

Amazing that I didn't ponder this for another day so that I could be kicking myself from one end of my house to the other!

But, I've got my e-mail confirmation though so I guess I'm good to go.

Sorry if it didn't work out for you, Harold. :frowning:

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I don't have them, but a friend uses them as surrounds and I thought they were pretty decent little speakers. Definitely a steal at those prices :) Fry's puts them on sale now and again, so I thought I would throw it out there when I saw it. The Rs are older, and I haven't seen the Monitors go on sale like that yet. If you keep an eye on the other models in the line, Fry's seems to put random models on big discount like that from time to time as well.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not only that...

but I ordered just before Midnight 3-13. They shipped 3-14. And they arrived at my home 3-15. :emoji_thumbsup:

And, that was with the cheapest shipping (ground). Came to another $13.xx

Terrific service.

Nathan A

Second Unit
Dallas/Ft Worth area Fry's stores have these listed in today's ad for $39.98/pair (through Tuesday). Fry's prices are regional, though, so I wouldn't assume that the stores in other states have the same pricing.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
John: You are breaking my bank with these posts! ;)

I am thisclose to pulling the trigger on a pair of these R30s. The outpost.com page says this sale will be in effect until 4-4-2006.

While still figuring out the logistics of the floor-standing speakers in the living room, my wife has pretty much signed off on the deal! :D

I wonder if there's any chance they'll drop the price any further just before the sale ends...like they did with the R15s...

BrentJ

Second Unit
Just curious how good these speakers are (R30's)? Are they good with movies and music or what? Thanks

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My buddy who has the R15s uses these guys for mains and they are pretty decent. A tad on the bright side, but for the price, I don't think you'll find anything better. Good with movies, OK with music (not going to be a music fan's dream).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Reginald: Thanks for the support.

Even with people of such diverse means here at the HTF, I make no bones about saying this is not a purchase I take lightly. I've been using sub-par speakers ever since I got into the hobby (Jensens). I put the R15s I just purchased into use as my R & L fronts. They will now go to the rears. Maybe someday I'll even replace the Jenson center speaker...but of all the parts, it is the one that has impressed me the most...so, we'll see.

The R15s impressed me enough that internet reviews by customers who said they owned the R15s and liked the R30s even better pushed me over the top. An understanding wife went a long way, too.

If you would care to elaborate on your comment any further...it, too, would go a long way for me. Thanks!

I realized that these deals were as far as I was going to be able to go for awhile. And, why keep making such an investment into the software...when this next level of upgrade was so affordable for me? I'm guessing these Polk towers will be a big improvement over my current setup.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Too bad it won't last till May, I can try to justify getting the speakers for my wife's set up in the den, but she'll probably say everything is fine the way it is. I would add a cheap sub to it and utilize those Radio Shack metal speakers for surround and I can watch some movies with reasonably good sound. Hard sell though.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
From Amazon.com...

I thought Bose sucked? So these are worse than Bose?
:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks