What's new

Curb Your Enthusiasm 5 (Final Season) (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
It appears that season 5 was the final season, but where's the DVD? They CAN'T give us all four and not the last one!!!!

Even though this last one wasn't the greatest, how upsetting would this collection be without the last one?!!!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
The Finale aired less than a year ago. TravisR is right, no need to fret, it's on the way.

I thought there was also no final word on if this was the actual final episode or not.

Kipp Teague

Stunt Coordinator
Where has it been officially stated that season 5 of Curb is the final season??

I suggest that this thread be re-titled (remove the "final season" reference)

Eric_Bee

Stunt Coordinator

It hasn't. Cheryl Hines was reported as saying in an interview that Season 5 might have been the final year, but I believe nothing more formal or definitive has emerged. If Larry said anything else, I'm sure someone will post it.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
I haven't heard anything either that Season 5 was the end of the series. HBO hasn't made that announcement yet.

Although I haven't heard anything on Season 6 yet either but that doesn't mean it's not going to happen. I think Larry David just turned 59 this weekend.

ScottLloyd

Stunt Coordinator
I saw Cheryl on a talk show and she said it wasn't decided but Larry had been writing a bunch of stuff so that was promising.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
As much as I'd love more CYE, this last season just felt so final to me. The last episode was just such a perfect ending to the series.

Actually, IMHO, season 5 wasn't the best, but if it ends up being the last season, it would be good in that respect. If the show were to continue on, then that final episode (of season 5) would be when the show jumped the shark.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Agreed. There comes a point where extending something just for the sake of extending it compromises quality. Case in point: the just concluded S6 of Sopranos.

CYE at it's best is hilarious, but some of the past season seemed forced. If Larry hasn't yet decided whether to come back then maybe his inner instinct is throwing up a red flag that he's having a hard time accepting.

He is a good talent so maybe he could come up with an occasional series for HBO using the improvisional format. It wouldn't have to be continuing characters, but a group of regulars could be employed (he would be wise to include Paul Dooley and Shelly Berman and lose Jeff Garlin and Wanda Sykes).

Mike*SC

Second Unit

Be that as it may, it was not the final season. There was a time when it might have been, but unless Larry David is run over by a bus, there will be more episodes. You'll see.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I heard that Larry David was not happy with the 5th season and I don't blame him. It was horrid.

I hope they have a 6th season to send the show off in the right way.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
I'm a big fan of Curb. I just pre-ordered Season 5 from Amazon ($25.96). I've been reading these posts and it sounds like this past season for many was nothing to write home about....

I've got all the other seasons on DVD. I really enjoyed how Season 4 ended!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Hi Mike, Do you have inside info or is this speculation on your part?

Matt - thanks for the Garlin article. You would think that the co-stars would want to hear something soon because they would need to start committing to other projects if CYE doesn't come back.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks