Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Help with a movie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 ToddP

ToddP

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted March 06 2006 - 05:49 PM

I remember seeing this movie when I was younger. I can hardly remember anything about it, but it had something to do with a kid, or kids, ending up in outerspace on some weird alien ship. I think the kids made some sort of spaceship themselves to get there, but I can't really remember. Anyone have any ideas?

#2 of 4 Kevin M

Kevin M

Producer

• 5,172 posts

Posted March 06 2006 - 06:07 PM

That would be Explorers(1985), available on DVD.
-Kevin M.

There's a human tendency to resent anyone who disagrees with our pleasures.  The less mature interpret that as a personal attack on themselves.
- Roger Ebert

#3 of 4 ToddP

ToddP

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted March 06 2006 - 06:18 PM

Wow, that was fast. People here are good. Thanks for that. I remembered very little about the beginning of that movie, just that it got really weird once they made it into space. Maybe I'll find a chance to pop it in my Netflix queue.

#4 of 4 Kevin M

Kevin M

Producer

• 5,172 posts

Posted March 06 2006 - 06:22 PM

No prob, it's one of my favorites from the mid 80's (even though some folks seem to have a problem with the comedic turn it takes once they find the aliens......I laughed my ass off at that part & loved the hell out of it's absurdity, but what do I know?). Posted Image
-Kevin M.

There's a human tendency to resent anyone who disagrees with our pleasures.  The less mature interpret that as a personal attack on themselves.
- Roger Ebert