Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

XM Connect & Play Antenna problem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Joe Pick

Joe Pick

Stunt Coordinator

• 106 posts

Posted March 06 2006 - 10:02 AM

I have a new Onkyo TX-SR703 AVR and I picked up an XM Connect and Play antenna and activated service, since the 703 is XM-ready.

I noticed, when listening to different inputs (DVD, iPod, CD, etc.) that I heard a faint, but audible high-pitched "hum" sound. Usually, the sound is most noticeable during quiet songs or parts of movies - I definitely hear it coming from all inputs when nothing is playing. After some troubleshooting, I discovered that the sound went away when I unplugged the XM Connect and Play antenna!

Anyone have similar experiences? I don't know if the problem is with the antenna or the Onkyo 703. If I need to exchange one of them, I don't know which one to take back.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Michael Young

Michael Young

Stunt Coordinator

• 65 posts

Posted March 07 2006 - 02:55 PM

I get that hum when using my Pioneer airware in the Car. But only when I have it plugged in with the car lighter. soon as I unplug it the hiss goes away. I haven't looked into trying different Cables or trying a different power cable.

Just figured I would tell ya what happens with mine, so you might know where to look to diagnose.