What's new

Amazing Race Season 9 (1 Viewer)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
... but are they athletic? Language and travel skills are greater than the Gaghans. :D Should be a fun team to watch after the dreadful family edition.

I think I'm going for Dani, Dani, and Monica. :b

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
BJ and Tyler certainly look interesting. They could be fun to watch.

As for So that should be fun to see how it works out.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Since all I see are threads about the family edition and the challenge, thought I would start the new Amazing Race thread.

Love how this season is beginning. No one stands out as someone to root against, sure there will be quirks, but a lot of good stories too.

I think this could develop into one of the funnier seasons ;)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I notice one of the pink ladies carrying a sleeping bag!

Yeah, no obvious teams to hate, although that Lake guy is an interesting character (I Love Me! Me! Me! Me!).

"Lake like in the Ocean.. I'm Ray like the Sun" :laugh: :laugh:

As I mentioned in the other thread, we already had 1 team thanking god, so looks to be the start of a very religious race!

No aliances yet?

Jay

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
The "Glamazons/Frosties" are currently at the top of my "wanna see eliminated" list, mostly for their incessent shrieking. The team some are referring to as the "ambiguously gay duo" being eliminated was fine by me.

I like the nerds, the hippies are ok, as are the Puerto Rico team.

"Lake, as in the Ocean"? huh? And why was he continually asking where the "black team" was?

The old couple, for all of their supposed mental prowess, sure messed up a few times. I hope they last a bit longer though but the first episode is not a good sign.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The couple that annoyed me the most was the first one to leave. I was tired of the big guy's whining from the start. No loss here for me.

Unlike last season when I actively rooted for and against some of the "families" this edition seems to consist of a couple of more likeable teams. While I'll be rooting for the four teams I chose in the HTF Challenge I'm not really "hating" any other team. There are some annoyances (the Frosties can irk, the beach bums seem to like not having to work but I'm O.K. with their laid back attitude and team "Lake" has socialization issues), some frustrations (I root for the golden oldies since I'm in their generation but I see the same lapses in judgment - probably having something to do with their failing eyesight -been there, done that!) and some interesting side stories (the Pink Ladies are easy on the eyes to make up for their general airheadedness, etc. and you just know that some of the "guy" teams are going to compete for their affection).

It looks like a fun ride from the early action. I think TAR is back on its game.

:emoji_thumbsup:

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
There's already a thread for this.

Administrative Note: Thanks for pointing this out, Anthony. I've merged both threads into one in chronological order.

I thought it was outstanding. A few great teams to root for, but other than the very annoying sisters, nobody who I can't stand...yet.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
BJ&Tyler could have likely won the ten grand if they had been standing closer to the dispatcher when they read the clue out loud (or if they had read it more carefully before).

Desiree looks better than her picture on the CBS website, and seems nice and competent.

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
Does anyone besides me think that Lake may turn out to be Johnathan part 2. Didn't he say something to the effect that "it was partially my fault"
Best
Greg

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Is it just me or is Desiree MUCH better looking on the show?? She looks REALLY hot. Even her Mom looks pretty good.

Desiree has the Rachel Weisz vibe and I love it!

Great start, but the "Pink Ladies" could be gone next show and I wouldn't be upset.

Brent

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator
Shoot! How many episodes have already happened this season? I really wanted to get into it! I have been in my LOST world and have not paid any attention to anything else because I watched 37 episodes of LOST

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks