-

Photo

Doris Day new to DVD Musicals R2 April

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 Doug Bull

Doug Bull

Screenwriter

• 1,506 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted February 28 2006 - 10:41 AM

In a follow up of the Warners chat regarding Doris Day Musicals, it looks as if Region 2 will be first to sample the expected future region 1 releases.

Warners have announced the DORIS DAY ANTHOLOGY for April, containing some great titles that will appear for the first time on DVD.

TEA FOR TWO
APRIL IN PARIS ( Title corrected, see later posting)
BY THE LIGHT OF THE SILVERY MOON
LUCKY ME
ON MOONLIGHT BAY

and 2 that have already appeared before,
THE PAJAMA GAME and LULLABY OF BROADWAY.

Where is ROMANCE ON THE HIGH SEAS?( aka It's Magic )

Will the region 1 release contain the same titles?
If so it will be 3 times around for THE PAJAMA GAME.

#2 of 15 RafaelPires

RafaelPires

Second Unit

• 478 posts

Posted February 28 2006 - 12:08 PM

Since The Pajama Game and Lullaby of Broadway were part of the fist R1 Doris Day Collection, they sure won't be in the second box set WB is planning for her.

Great to see the other 5 titles selection. That's a sign they will be in the next R1 box set.

Hopefully along with Romance in the High Seas, My dream is yours and It's a Great Feeling.

Since we're talking about WB, we surely can expect an amazing job.

#3 of 15 Doug Bull

Doug Bull

Screenwriter

• 1,506 posts

Posted February 28 2006 - 12:22 PM

I haven't seen I'LL SEE YOU IN MY DREAMS or WEST POINT STORY in a long long time, so I would love to see them included on any new region 1 Doris Day set.

#4 of 15 Mark B

Mark B

Supporting Actor

• 724 posts
  • LocationSaranac Lake, NY

Posted February 28 2006 - 01:50 PM

Warners have announced the DORIS DAY ANTHOLOGY for April, containing some great titles that will appear for the first time on DVD.
TEA FOR TWO
APRIL LOVE
BY THE LIGHT OF THE SILVERY MOON
LUCKY ME
ON MOONLIGHT BAY

and 2 that have already appeared before,
THE PAJAMA GAME and LULLABY OF BROADWAY.

I'm confused. APRIL LOVE is a Pat Boone, Shirley Jones musical from FOX.

#5 of 15 Herb Kane

Herb Kane

Screenwriter

• 1,353 posts

Posted February 28 2006 - 02:12 PM

Here's hoping for Storm Warning (1951) and Julie (1956)

H.
My Top 25 Noirs:

25. 711 Ocean Drive (1950), 24. Odds Against Tomorrow (1959), 23. Desperate (1947), 22. Pushover (1954), 21. The Blue Dahlia (1946), 20. The File on Thelma Jordon (1949), 19. He Ran All the Way (1951), 18. The Asphalt Jungle (1950), 17. The Killing (1956), 16. I Walk Alone (1948),...

#6 of 15 Doug Bull

Doug Bull

Screenwriter

• 1,506 posts

Posted February 28 2006 - 02:20 PM

DOH! How careless of me.
I must be half asleep or maybe I have LOVE on my mind.
Where the hell is my proofreader?
Of course APRIL LOVE should be,

APRIL IN PARIS.

Thanks Mark for picking that up.:b

Herb,
George Feltenstein did mention in the chat that there maybe a Doris Day non Musical coming up, so one may assume that either, or both of those titles are coming.
Fingers crossed mate.

#7 of 15 JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,242 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted February 28 2006 - 04:48 PM

I'm also hoping that Romance on the High Seas and I'll See You in My Dreams make it into the eventual R1 set. I'd much rather have those over April in Paris (but of course, I'll buy it whatever ones make into the box.Posted Image )

#8 of 15 GregoryMesh

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor

• 529 posts

Posted February 28 2006 - 05:05 PM

Please note, this DVD boxset is going to be HMV Exclusive in U.K. You can read the whole press release here .

#9 of 15 Joe Caps

Joe Caps

Screenwriter

• 1,931 posts

Posted February 28 2006 - 10:34 PM

I so much emjoyed the first region one Doris Box set, I can't wait for another one.
sadly, the rarest Doris musical is still not up for release, Starlift. This film has not been on American television seince the mid 70s.

#10 of 15 Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,883 posts

Posted March 01 2006 - 05:27 AM

It's A Great Feeling is a hilarious time capsule of the Warner Bros. studios circa 1949. A great deal of the contract players show up in cameos, and Doris really proves in one of her earliest films her gift for comedy as she pretends to be a French sex symbol. And that ending- not to be missed! Did I also mention that Jack Carson and Dennis Morgan are in this too?
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#11 of 15 alistairKerr

alistairKerr

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted March 01 2006 - 05:28 AM

"Oops" department -

According to the press release for the upcoming Doris Day set (mentioned in a previous post) "Lullaby Of Broadway" is a "Busby Berkley musical" - eh? (double oops really, as they have spelt his name wrong - it should be Berkeley!).....David Butler was the director.

Looking forward to this box set all the same, hope it has "extras"

Alistair

#12 of 15 Nick Eden

Nick Eden

Stunt Coordinator

• 184 posts

Posted March 01 2006 - 05:59 AM

It seems as if we have gone from a situation a couple of years ago, when there was Calamity Jane on DVD and very little else, to a situation where (fingers crossed) we might just get everything Doris has done out on DVD in the next few years.
We know that Warners is releasing a couple of non musical titles this year and a box of early musical films in 2007.
I would like to see Universal release Midnight Lace and Fox to do Do Not Disturb.
Is there a legal problem with Warner's Starlift or has it just been overlooked all these years? I have never seen it.

#13 of 15 Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,883 posts

Posted March 01 2006 - 06:16 AM

Don't forget Fox's Move Over, Darling!!
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#14 of 15 David Stanley

David Stanley

Agent

• 38 posts

Posted March 01 2006 - 06:23 AM

Move Over, Darling is number 2 on my wish list, only surpassed by The African Queen.
David

HD-DVD Supporter. The 1080p solution.

#15 of 15 Peter Scarfe

Peter Scarfe

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted March 01 2006 - 07:25 AM

Sendit.com[region 2] has Midnight Lace down for a May 1st release.