Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Apprentice Season 5 (Feb. 2006)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
163 replies to this topic

#1 of 164 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,384 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted February 27 2006 - 04:04 AM

Maybe I'm in the minority now, but I still love this show. When it comes to reality shows, I dig the ones with a lot of flavor from the setting, especially when the setting is New York City, and the ones where the contestants are doing something practical and interesting, as opposed to something like eating bugs or seducing each other. (I also like Project Runway, Top Model, and Queer Eye for the same reasons.)

Looking forward to tonight's premiere.

PS Yes, I can be HAPPILY MARRIED TO A WOMAN and still enjoy those shows! :wink:
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#2 of 164 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,617 posts

Posted February 27 2006 - 04:12 AM

Doesn't this season take place on the west coast? Also, Ivanka Trump (his daughter) subs in for Carolyn at times this season.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#3 of 164 Bob Turnbull

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor

• 840 posts

Posted February 27 2006 - 04:21 AM

Maybe I'm in the minority now, but I still love this show.
Well, you're not completely alone...I still like the show a lot too. The tasks aren't always perfect, but I like seeing how some of the contestants occasionally apply real world skills towards them (finding the right audience, cutting deals or last season's "swipe" of the bullhorns).

Having said that, I really dislike the screen time The Donald gets. It's not just the self-congratulatory bits or the blatant weekly promotions of other companies...It's his complete and utter lack of being able to see shades of grey ("Admit it, you hate her guts!" - you can disagree or not get along with someone and not necessarily despise them...Sheesh!). Yeah I know, it's a TV show and he's being prodded to act that way. Still makes for the worst parts of the show though.

I even watched the Martha version. Had its moments, but it also suffered because of the host and the cross-marketing efforts.

PS Yes, I can be HAPPILY MARRIED TO A WOMAN and still enjoy those shows!
Posted Image

Well OK, but only if you grunt loudly when good looking women show up.

#4 of 164 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,384 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted February 27 2006 - 04:59 AM

Quote:
Doesn't this season take place on the west coast?

Either this season or next season takes place in LA. I forget which. This season also features contestants from other countries.

I was interested in seeing the Martha version, but they barely promoted it and I didn't realize it was on until it was almost over. I only caught the later episodes of the last Donald version, too. At least there have been some ads for this upcoming season.

Quote:
Well OK, but only if you grunt loudly when good looking women show up.

Always! Posted Image
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#5 of 164 Hunter P

Hunter P

Screenwriter

• 1,483 posts

Posted February 27 2006 - 05:06 AM

I'm still watching too. I think I will stop watching when he finally candidly explains why he keeps his hair that way when he know that everyone in America makes fun of him for it. I think this is a bigger mystery than anything on Lost.

I also wanna know why he constantly yells his words, no matter what the situation.Posted Image
GIR, UNLEASH THE MONKEY!
MONKEY!
"I am the Doctor of Death, and I have come to cure you of your life." --Endless Mike, The Adventures of Pete and Pete

#6 of 164 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,384 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted February 27 2006 - 05:14 AM

Quote:
I think I will stop watching when he finally candidly explains why he keeps his hair that way when he know that everyone in America makes fun of him for it. I think this is a bigger mystery than anything on Lost.

Isn't it obvious? It gets him more attention! Posted Image He even makes fun of it himself when he appears on Saturday Night Live.

#7 of 164 Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh

Screenwriter

• 2,968 posts

Posted February 27 2006 - 07:06 AM

I think last season was much better than the 3rd and even the 2nd. Hopefully 5 keeps moving in the same direction.

When is the first episode? Is it tonight?

#8 of 164 Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

• 962 posts

Posted February 27 2006 - 07:27 AM

Isn't it obvious? It gets him more attention! He even makes fun of it himself when he appears on Saturday Night Live.

He made fun of it during Season One of the Apprentice when he was at a construction site and the wind blew it all over the place, he said; " They say my hair isn't real but you can see that it is" or something similar. I like Trump, he seems like a regular guy most of the time.
Good lord, there's nothing worse than the foul stench of desperation when someone wants to be famous.

- Luis Esp

#9 of 164 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,384 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted February 27 2006 - 07:46 AM

Jason -- yes, the new season premieres tonight. 9 pm, IIRC.

#10 of 164 AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted February 27 2006 - 09:09 AM

I'm still watching although I doubt it will be as good as the first or fourth seasons.

Apprentice 6 is the one in LA--and viewers can vote on an Olympian to get a spot on the show.

#11 of 164 Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

• 962 posts

Posted February 27 2006 - 09:42 AM

Well in that case I would like them to pick Shani Davis just so he can say something stupid. Posted Image
Good lord, there's nothing worse than the foul stench of desperation when someone wants to be famous.

- Luis Esp

#12 of 164 NolanJ

NolanJ

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted February 27 2006 - 11:12 AM

Why the heck is this going against 24?

#13 of 164 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,617 posts

Posted February 27 2006 - 03:58 PM

Too bad The Closer got the boot. Why couldn't she just shut her mouth?
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#14 of 164 Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh

Screenwriter

• 2,968 posts

Posted February 27 2006 - 06:11 PM

Thank goodness for dual tuner DVR's!

Interesting start, blah blah task, ignorance prevails in the boardroom like always. Don't these people watch the show?

I loved the Russian during the boardroom.

There are some very attractive women this season. If the Apprentice doesn't work out, they could always fall back to a job as "Money Case Holder" on Deal or No Deal. Posted Image

Quote:
He made fun of it during Season One of the Apprentice when he was at a construction site and the wind blew it all over the place, he said; " They say my hair isn't real but you can see that it is" or something similar.
I LOL when he made the exact same comment tonight, no more than 5 minutes into the show.

#15 of 164 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted February 27 2006 - 06:16 PM

The hair actually has more personality than The Donald himself. Posted Image
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#16 of 164 WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,213 posts

Posted February 28 2006 - 01:51 AM

Can't watch because of "24"
Does MSNBC still re-run the show?
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#17 of 164 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,855 posts

Posted February 28 2006 - 02:57 AM

I have heard the board room meetings at the end are much longer than they show.

Yes, stupidity reigns again in the boardroom. Why Tarak brought that one guy who he was "friendly" with.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#18 of 164 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,384 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted February 28 2006 - 03:20 AM

Quote:
I have heard the board room meetings at the end are much longer than they show.

That's true -- the boardroom meetings go on for hours. I talked to Bradford Cohen, the guy who got fired for giving up his immunity in season 2 (or was it 3?), and he told me that he argued that one point with Trump for over 45 minutes!

I had some stuff going on and only managed to catch snippets last night, so I hope that MSNBC re-runs it tonight. I can't imagine that they wouldn't (unless they're going to show it on a different day).

From what little I heard, Summer made a good point about not calling restaurants during mealtimes. That is just a complete waste of time.

#19 of 164 Hunter P

Hunter P

Screenwriter

• 1,483 posts

Posted February 28 2006 - 04:31 AM

You usually can catch extended cuts of the boardroom on the official site, along with other unaired snippets.
GIR, UNLEASH THE MONKEY!
MONKEY!
"I am the Doctor of Death, and I have come to cure you of your life." --Endless Mike, The Adventures of Pete and Pete

#20 of 164 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted February 28 2006 - 05:57 AM

Will,

I think MSNBC will be airing the episodes on Wednesdays.
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow