-

Photo
- - - - -

Apology to Jack Gilvey

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 of 19 OFFLINE   Arthur S

Arthur S

Screenwriter

• 2,572 posts

Posted February 26 2006 - 12:50 AM

Jack, it was inappropriate to accuse you of flaming me as I did in a previous post, and for that, I apologize.

I would hope that you too will be careful in your characterizations of me.

Thanks

Artie

#2 of 19 OFFLINE   Robb Roy

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor

• 711 posts

Posted February 26 2006 - 02:53 AM

Artie,

I really wouldn't be surprised if something like 99%+ of the population simply won't admit they are wrong. The few who do show integrity -- I'm buying you TWO beers at CES. Posted Image

-Robb

#3 of 19 OFFLINE   AlanZ

AlanZ

Screenwriter

• 1,335 posts

Posted February 26 2006 - 02:55 AM

Does this mean we get to add Jack to the CES list?? Posted Image
"Come on you Fockers....CONGA!!!"
-Dustin Hoffman as 'Bernie Focker'

Updated Equipment List

#4 of 19 OFFLINE   Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey

Producer

• 4,952 posts

Posted February 26 2006 - 03:13 AM

10-4, Arthur...the beer's on me. Sh*t, I'll even buy Peter one. Posted Image
SVS Customer Service
http://www.svsound.com
sales@svsound.com
techsupport@svsound.com

#5 of 19 OFFLINE   AlanZ

AlanZ

Screenwriter

• 1,335 posts

Posted February 26 2006 - 03:18 AM

We need to get Evan in here now....then I think that's just about everyone. I would include Mylan, but he deleted his post and I don't know what he said, lol.

Updated Equipment List

#6 of 19 OFFLINE   Evan M.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor

• 910 posts

Posted February 26 2006 - 03:57 AM

Quote:
We need to get Evan in here now

LOL!!

For some reason I think if we were all to make it to CES we would get kicked out for being intoxicated.........It would be a damn funny story though......

#7 of 19 OFFLINE   Robb Roy

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor

• 711 posts

Posted February 26 2006 - 04:19 AM

It's Vegas, baby!

#8 of 19 OFFLINE   AlanZ

AlanZ

Screenwriter

• 1,335 posts

Posted February 26 2006 - 04:37 AM

Quote:
I think if we were all to make it to CES we would get kicked out for being intoxicated

I thought that being intoxicated was one of the requirements to enter city limits Posted Image

I'll have to remember to ask Parker if there is any sort of HTF group that goes to CES....that would rule Posted Image

Updated Equipment List

#9 of 19 OFFLINE   Evan M.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor

• 910 posts

Posted February 26 2006 - 04:39 AM

Quote:
thought that being intoxicated was one of the requirements to enter city limits

hmmmmmmm....interesting thought......we just might have to test this one out........Posted Image

#10 of 19 OFFLINE   AlanZ

AlanZ

Screenwriter

• 1,335 posts

Posted February 26 2006 - 04:47 AM

Evan, I just noticed where you live.....that must be friggin beautiful up that way around Sept-Nov, eh?

As for the Vegas thing, I don't know if maybe some of you guys have any religious hang-ups with the drinking thing, but I'm Catholic, so I can drink as much as I want Posted Image

Updated Equipment List

#11 of 19 OFFLINE   Evan M.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor

• 910 posts

Posted February 26 2006 - 09:24 AM

Quote:
I just noticed where you live.....that must be friggin beautiful up that way around Sept-Nov, eh?

Yeah it is very nice that time of year. The leaves this year sucked though because it rained so damn much in September that it just pulled the leaves off and washed them away before anyone could really enjoy it. I love Maine though....although I am about ready for Winter to get finished. It isn't supposed to get above freezing until the end of the week! Overall though it has been a very mild winter. I wish I was down by you right now, I'd be on the golf courses all frickn' day!! (or is it too cold for golf by you??) I can't waint until Summer though!! Nothing beats fishing for stripers all day followed by a lobster, steamed clams and a 6 pack of Gritty McDuffs Brown Ale!!

Quote:
I don't know if maybe some of you guys have any religious hang-ups with the drinking thing, but I'm Catholic, so I can drink as much as I want

LOL!! I am Catholic too.....enough said.....Posted Image

#12 of 19 OFFLINE   Yong Chan

Yong Chan

Stunt Coordinator

• 76 posts

Posted February 26 2006 - 04:06 PM

Shoot, I'll buy everyone a round of shots if you can get me into next years CES!!!Posted Image

Seriously, somebody get me into CES and I will buy a round or two.

YC

#13 of 19 OFFLINE   AlanZ

AlanZ

Screenwriter

• 1,335 posts

Posted February 26 2006 - 04:19 PM

Evan: I WISH it were that warm down here....I think the southern part of GA does okay this time of year, but here in the north it stays relatively cool. Nothing like where you are, or what I'm used to myself having grown up in upstate NY, but definitely not warm this time of year.

Hell, it's a good thing we're Catholic with all these people willing to buy rounds! Posted Image

PS. Any time you want to trade some lobster for some....well....grits, lemme know! Posted Image

Updated Equipment List

#14 of 19 OFFLINE   Robb Roy

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor

• 711 posts

Posted February 27 2006 - 01:11 AM

http://www.weather.c....m=search_10day

I'll believe the PM thunder showers forecast for tomorrow when rain actually hits the ground.

#15 of 19 OFFLINE   AlanZ

AlanZ

Screenwriter

• 1,335 posts

Posted February 27 2006 - 01:57 AM

lol...things a bit dry out there Robb?

Updated Equipment List

#16 of 19 OFFLINE   Evan M.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor

• 910 posts

Posted February 27 2006 - 09:57 AM

Quote:
Nothing like where you are, or what I'm used to myself having grown up in upstate NY, but definitely not warm this time of year.

Upstate NY is beautiful. My family is all from NYC but we NEVER ventured up there. My wife and I this summer went to a wedding reception in the town of Spencer which is about 30 miles south of Ithica. We of course visited a few wine vinyards up by one of the finger lakes and got blitzed at 11:00 AM. It was amazing up there. The lakes were unreal.....as was the wine.....

Quote:
PS. Any time you want to trade some lobster for some....well....grits, lemme know!

LOL!! Sounds like an even trade to me......
I never had grits. Always wondered what they taste like......I have never really spent any meaningful time in the South. I was in Georgia once (Atlanta) as a kid. I dated a girl from Georgia though......Southern women Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 of 19 OFFLINE   AlanZ

AlanZ

Screenwriter

• 1,335 posts

Posted February 27 2006 - 10:10 AM

Yep, Upstate NY definitely has it's perks.....I miss it up that way Posted Image Every time I've tried to leave the south, it just sucked me back in, lol....sooner or later I'll win the battle, though Posted Image

As for southern women, I was married to the great granddaughter (x5?) of Jefferson Davis, the first and only president of the confederacy. I used to joke with her that I was going to steal her back NOrth for the ransom, but she got away before I had the chance, lol. Oh well.....

I can find some decent pizza places, and there are always good places for breakfast foods, but I still miss northern cuisine....particularly chicken wings, lol. You'd think with all the damn chicken plants down here SOMEONE would get the wings right. Nope.....not yet.

By the way, I fear some southern food....I saw one of my former in-laws taking pear halves, filling them with MAYONAISE, putting some CHEESE on top of that, and then adding a friggin CHERRY.....wtf is that all about, anyway??? In fact, now that I think about it, I've been down here since '99 and I have yet to even come near a grit LOL

Updated Equipment List

#18 of 19 OFFLINE   Evan M.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor

• 910 posts

Posted February 27 2006 - 02:26 PM

Quote:
As for southern women, I was married to the great granddaughter (x5?) of Jefferson Davis, the first and only president of the confederacy. I used to joke with her that I was going to steal her back NOrth for the ransom, but she got away before I had the chance, lol. Oh well.....

LOLOL!! That is a riot!

Quote:
I saw one of my former in-laws taking pear halves, filling them with MAYONAISE, putting some CHEESE on top of that, and then adding a friggin CHERRY.

That is quite possibly the most disgusting thing I ever heard of. I like Mayonaise but people do some F'd up sh** with that stuff. I always see people put it on potatoes (fries, baked and mashed). Once when I was a kid I went to a friends house for dinner. My family is very Italian so this (french) family decided to have spaghetti and meat balls for dinner. There was a jar of mayo in the middle of the table. I thought nothing of it until they passed it around the table and put a huge dollup of it on there spaghetti sauce!! They mixed it in and it formed this nasty pink goop. I almost puked all over the place...........

#19 of 19 OFFLINE   AlanZ

AlanZ

Screenwriter

• 1,335 posts

Posted February 27 2006 - 03:13 PM

lol, that's the French for ya....friggin weirdos, bro Posted Image

How the hell can you mess up a perfectly good red sauce with friggin mayonaise??? As for the potatoes, I can always go for a little malt vinegar on the fries, but that's about the extent of my craziness, lol.

I'm glad you reacted that way to the pear thing, cause I was all by myself in that regard for a good long time! I'll even bring it up with coworkers sometime, and the ones from the south will be like, "oh, yeah, that's delicious!".....wtf?? lol

Updated Equipment List

Back to Speakers, Subwoofers & Headphones

Forum Nav Content I Follow