What's new

good party boats in Florida? (fishing!) (1 Viewer)

Benny G

Second Unit
I'll be in Florida in a few weeks. I'll pretty much be making a circuit between Tampa, Miami, Orlando, etc..driving along the southern coastline areas.

One of the things I want to do is go fishing on a party boat. My goal isn't to catch a monster fish. I'll be there with my girlfriend, and I just want to do a relaxing, half day trip that will hopefully catch us a fish or two.

Basically, I want to find a boat that doesn't cost too much (~$40 per person), is reliable, gives me a good chance at catching something, and has a professional, friendly crew.

Does anyone have any advice? Based on experience, friends, etc....

Anywhere along the south half of Florida's coast is fine.

I've checked the internet, and there are obviously quite a few party boats out there...but it's hard to tell which ones are good.

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
I live in the Tampa Bay area and have gone on quite a few party boats. You can't go wrong with either of these party boats.

The Hubbard's Marina party boats out of John's Pass.

Hubbard's Marina

And the Double Eagle out of Clearwater Marina.

Double Eagle

I've always had great deck hands when I've gone on either of these. They work their butt's off to make sure you have a good time, tip them well. They'll also filet the fish for you at the end of the trip for a minimal price.

On a half day trip you'll primarily be catching Gray Snapper, which is actually White Grunt, but snapper sounds better. Mixed in will be the Trigger Fish and the occasional Red Snapper and under sized Grouper. I've heard stories of big ones being brought in on the half day trips, but I've never seen it.

Near the Clearwater Marina there are restaurants that will take your filets and cook them for you for a decent price. If you call Hubbard's, there are probably some in their area as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter

Man, I love grouper... what is the legal limit ? I can't imagine what strength line you'd need to haul a big one !

Benny - this could be you !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks