What's new

Don Knotts dies (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
The last thing I saw/heard him do was a "Johnny Bravo" with Wierd Al...DAMN funny! R.I.P.

BTW...Limpett was one of my fav flicks as a kid!!!!!

RyanAn

Screenwriter

That's just too bad, he's a legend. One of the first comedic influences in my life, I'll always appreciate him.

Rest in Peace.

Ryan

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Very sad news. I grew up watching him Andy Griffith and Three's Company. He will be missed :frowning:

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Very sad. I've enjoyed him as Barney Fife and my 2 year old has enjoyed him as the voice of Wormie from the "Hermie and Friends" DVDs.

On a side note, I hate that Paramount never was able to get he and Andy together for an audio commmentary on their season sets. Would have been great.

Peace,

DM

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
To this day, whenever my brother and I drink an alcoholic beverage together, one of us will always do the Ralph Ferley: "Smooooooooooth!" bit :D

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Mark, me too!

Thanks for the memories Mr. Knotts. RIP. Say "Hi" to Mr. Ritter from Dave the doorguy at the Music Box!

d

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
So long Don - it was a great life, and I hope you're hanging out at the Regal Beagle with Jack and the Ropers.

Mark.C.

Auditioning
My earliest recollection of Don Knotts was from the Mr. Limpett movie.

Who can ever forget Don and Tim Conway in "The Apple Dumpling Gang"?? It was like the whole thing was one big ad-lib by two of the best.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
This one really upsets me, i've loved Don's work my whole life and he made me laugh so often and so hard that it drew tears.

My personal favorite film of his is The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, but I love all of his stuff, even his animated guest appearance on Scooby Doo.

Favorite character is without a doubt Ralph Ferley, I used to howl with laughter at him in Three's Company. As Ralph, he was a smooth old dude who dressed sharp, had a way with the ladies (or so he thought LOL) and was just a walking and talking exposed nerve who could go bug-eyed at any moment LOL.

Goodbye, Don Knotts, may you rest in peace. :frowning::frowning::frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks