Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Beauty and the Beast (Pearlman/Hamilton)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#1 of 50 OFFLINE   Demis G

Demis G

Second Unit

• 418 posts

Posted February 20 2006 - 08:11 AM

Remember this TV series?
Vincent and Kathrine?

Any news on a possible dvd release?
who owns the right to this anyway?

#2 of 50 OFFLINE   Michael Alden

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

• 825 posts

Posted February 22 2006 - 12:53 PM

All roads lead to Paramount.

#3 of 50 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted February 22 2006 - 01:45 PM

I'd love to get this series as well. I'm especially interested in the Gabriel story-arc that happened during it's final season.....Stephen Mchattie was excellent in that role.
Recently watched- Nosferatu: The Vampyre, Battle Beyond The Stars, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers(1978), Ransom, Dragonheart, Tomb Of Ligeia, Bloodlust: Subspecies III, Gorky Park, The Last Man On Earth(1964), Lost: Season 6, Transformers Age Of Extinction 3D, The World's End, Toy Story Of Terror!, X-Men: Days Of Future Past 3D, Bloodstone: Subspecies II, Snowpiercer, A Nightmare On Elm St Pt 2

Currently watching- Planet Earth, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati, Season 1, Arrow: Season 2

Irina Asanova - "KGB have better cars, you know."
Arkady Renko - "Ah, but they don't always take you where you want to go, do they?"

#4 of 50 OFFLINE   Demis G

Demis G

Second Unit

• 418 posts

Posted November 01 2006 - 08:04 AM

Announced at last!!!
more on tvshowsondvd.com Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 of 50 OFFLINE   Doug Wallen

Doug Wallen

Supporting Actor

• 649 posts

Posted November 01 2006 - 09:05 AM

So glad to this release announced. Was the one fantasy show I looked forward to, even the final season where Stephen McHattie WAS great; but the show just didn't feel as romantic as the first two seasons
a:5:{s:9:"signature

#6 of 50 OFFLINE   Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted November 01 2006 - 09:49 AM

From looking @ episode guides, it seems the final season (3) was cut short ? They could probably combine 2 and 3 together. I will most likely pick this up, but i must say i don't remember it that well, but have heard alot of great things about it.

#7 of 50 OFFLINE   Demis G

Demis G

Second Unit

• 418 posts

Posted November 01 2006 - 05:22 PM

One of my childhood's FAVOURITE tv shows..
I hope we get 2 & 3 together as well.. it will make the waiting less painfull Posted Image Posted Image

#8 of 50 OFFLINE   Steven_J_H

Steven_J_H

Stunt Coordinator

• 163 posts

Posted November 01 2006 - 10:24 PM

I will be picking this up.

#9 of 50 OFFLINE   Esten

Esten

Supporting Actor

• 588 posts

Posted November 01 2006 - 10:29 PM

Any music in this show that could pose a problem?

#10 of 50 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,387 posts

Posted November 02 2006 - 12:48 AM

Season three was cancelled right in the middle; there were only 12 episodes. All of season one was made available on home video, years and years ago. The first two hours of season three were also released. None of season two was ever released. I except we'll see three season sets for this; I really don't think they'll put 36 episodes onto one set, for season two and three. Anyway, a lot of people don't like season three and they deserve the right to not have to buy it.

#11 of 50 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted November 02 2006 - 06:45 AM

We just posted artwork for season 1:
http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=6568

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#12 of 50 OFFLINE   Demis G

Demis G

Second Unit

• 418 posts

Posted November 02 2006 - 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord Lacey
We just posted artwork for season 1:
http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=6568

Gord

Our hero!Posted Image

#13 of 50 OFFLINE   Ron68

Ron68

Supporting Actor

• 510 posts

Posted November 02 2006 - 06:12 PM

I love this show and I'm glad it's coming on DVD finally. I haven't seen this in years. I liked the change of pace in the third season, Jo Anderson was a good replacement for Linda Hamilton, I prefer it when characters are different than the ones they replace, and Stephen McHattie was great as Gabriel.

I like the cover art and I hope there will be some extras on the set. I'd like to see at least some interviews with the cast and the creative team.

#14 of 50 OFFLINE   Peter McM

Peter McM

Supporting Actor

• 923 posts

Posted November 02 2006 - 11:00 PM

Count me in. This is such welcome news. I had feared this wonderful series had fallen into never-to-be-released catalog oblivion.

I, too felt something was lost when Linda left in Season 3. But I was faithful, and stayed with it to the end. It'll be nice to relive these stories again.
I am Car Salesman of Borg. You will be assimilated with no money down and easy terms available.

#15 of 50 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted November 03 2006 - 01:13 AM

I felt that when Linda Hamilton left the writers really stepped up their efforts and gave the show some purpose. The Gabriel story arc was the best thing about the show to me......I couldn't wait to see how it played out when it originally aired.

That being said, I can't wait till Season 1 comes out. It will be a welcome addition to my rather substantial TVonDVD library. Posted Image
Recently watched- Nosferatu: The Vampyre, Battle Beyond The Stars, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers(1978), Ransom, Dragonheart, Tomb Of Ligeia, Bloodlust: Subspecies III, Gorky Park, The Last Man On Earth(1964), Lost: Season 6, Transformers Age Of Extinction 3D, The World's End, Toy Story Of Terror!, X-Men: Days Of Future Past 3D, Bloodstone: Subspecies II, Snowpiercer, A Nightmare On Elm St Pt 2

Currently watching- Planet Earth, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati, Season 1, Arrow: Season 2

Irina Asanova - "KGB have better cars, you know."
Arkady Renko - "Ah, but they don't always take you where you want to go, do they?"

#16 of 50 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,796 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted November 03 2006 - 06:46 AM

I'll be there. I was a bit young to watch this in first run, but remember the end title picture looking down a stairwell.

#17 of 50 OFFLINE   Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted November 03 2006 - 07:00 AM

With the short season 3 did the series have some sorta closure ?

#18 of 50 OFFLINE   FrankPitt

FrankPitt

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted November 03 2006 - 08:08 AM

As I recall, yes, the season (and the series) did have closure, with all the main plot threads being resolved. I also recall that there was something odd about the airing of that final season...something like CBS skipping a few episodes and then running them later, after the official series finale, as "lost episodes" or something.

#19 of 50 OFFLINE   Krister_

Krister_

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted November 03 2006 - 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demis G
Announced at last!!!
more on tvshowsondvd.com Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks so much Demis on this good news
Sincerely/Krister

#20 of 50 OFFLINE   Demis G

Demis G

Second Unit

• 418 posts

Posted November 03 2006 - 08:46 PM

Didn't Linda Hamilton return in Season 3 for

the funeral of Father
or was it the Christening of their son ?

Forum Nav Content I Follow