What's new

Cheers/Frasier....Observation. (1 Viewer)

Tyler Gagnon

Stunt Coordinator
I was watching an episode of Cheers the other day.Do not know the title of it....But Frasier was crying about his father.And how he wished he could have told him something But he DIED before he could tell him, Now is his father not a major player in frasier...Or does it have no real big connection to cheers?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
His father had a major part in Frasier....This is what we call selective character backstory. When they filmed this particular episode with Frasier...They had no idea that out of all the characters on the show..Frasier would be the one to do a spinoff. So when the created the show Frasier and it was about his relationship with his brother and father. It was just easy to forget about it...until someone named Tyler let the cat out of the bag..and ruined it for everyone. :D

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
I think in the pilot episode of Fraiser or perhaps one of the episodes in which one of the Cheers cast mates appeared they addressed that issue. Fraiser said something to the effect that he wanted to 'block out that period' or something. But I remember it brought up.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
It was in the episode The Show Where Sam Shows Up. Martin asked Sam what Frasier used to say about him and Sam replied that if he remembered correctly he said that Martin was dead *and* a scientist. Frasier commented that it was a bad period of their relationship when they weren't speaking. Martin takes umbrage at the scientist part and Frasier said something like "What did it matter, you were dead!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks