What's new

What do you guys think about Swan Speakers & Onix Rocket Speakers? (1 Viewer)

trevorDO

Agent
Swan's 5.2 & Rockets RS760's & RS550's

What kind of sound do they have, bright/forware or Flat, dull or neutral?

mackie

Supporting Actor
I own a paid of Swan 4.1s, and I don't feel they're the bang for the buck some say. They're okay and worth what I paid for them, but they aren't that great a value,

mackie

Supporting Actor
At times vocals with the s sound will sound hissy, lack of detail in both the mids and bass. The sound is okay, but it is stuck to the front of the speakers, so they don't disappear when I listen to them. I've also had an issue with the finish on the gloss black caps. It's not horrible, but it's got places where the finish is coming off. TAI wouldn't do anything about it.

They are good for background music and will be okay in a 5.1 surround when lots of speakers are playing, but I feel they fall short for 2 channel music.

Yong Chan

Stunt Coordinator
I'm surprised that I'm the first Rocket owner to post. I can tell you about the 760's since I own a pair. I would say that the sound is very neutral. I'm not much of an expert in regards to delineating what I am hearing. I do know that the speakers are crystal clear. I turn off my sub during 2 channel music listening, and I am often surprised by the low end punch. Now, I may be biased about calling them neutral because I auditioned Klipsch before buying. I decided to buy the Rockets after listening to 550's. I liked them, but I didn't listen to them long enough to tell you about them. Great speaker for the price.

YC

Blaine_M

Second Unit
Trevor,

I'm telling you, check into a pair of AV-3 from GR-Research. GR-Research did some of the design on the 760's. The cost is the same. The AV-3 has excellent crossover components and I really like the tweeter they use as well. You can get about any veneer finish you want as well. Click on GR-Research on the left side of the page...if you are interested in the AV-3's you can listen to mine before you buy....

http://www.rawacoustics.com/

Nick V

Second Unit
All of the AV123 products appear to provide fantastic value and performance to the customer. They have a somewhat cult-like following (especially on their own forum) but they often get a bad rap for that reason only.

I personally own GR-Diluceos but those new Sig version Rockets (whose crossovers were designed by Dannie Ritchie) appear to be fantastic by all accounts.

I especially like those Onix Strada's. They appear to be an incredible value, I'm thinking of picking up a pair once they're available.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Have had Rocket 850's, 750's 300's, 200 (bigfoot a great center) and the MK250II's for my HT set up and have been very happy for almost 3 years now!

Yong Chan

Stunt Coordinator

There's reason why they have a cult like following. The speakers are awesome, and the customer service is amazing. The finish of the speakers are quite honestly beautiful. Majority of the people who buy Onix and post on the forum are pretty knowledgable and have heard a lot of speakers. The rave reviews aren't from novices. I have to admit that when you invest thousands of dollars in audio, most of the products are good. You do develop a sense of loyalty to your particular brand. So, much of this is pretty subjective. You probably will be happy with whatever choice you make, Swans or Rockets. Take a look at this review.
Audio Revolution

Good luck with your win/win decision

YC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks