What's new

jenny lewis with the watson twins (1 Viewer)

kamyiu

Stunt Coordinator
"rabbit fur coat" was recently released. the arrangements are spare and jenny lewis' voice is lovely. kinda alt-country if you have to label it. i'm really in love with this album right now, which is a little strange because i'm not into rilo kiley , which is her other band. i saw RK last year at coachella, maybe it was the desert heat, but they were kinda dull.

jennylewis.com: stream a couple tracks here.
jenny lewis and the watson twins on myspace: stream a couple tracks here
team-love records site: download a couple tracks here
the watson twins' site: sadly, i know nothing about these ladies
the watson twins on myspace: stream tracks from their album

they're touring, too. i'm gonna go see em when they get here. apologies if i'm killin you with info. i'm really, really, really lovin this stuff right now.

kamyiu

Stunt Coordinator
nobody? bueller? i saw her live the other night and she was wonderful.

*sigh*
*cricket* *cricket*

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
Didnt notice this thread, I've been loving the disc since the day it came out, but then again I'm also a huge Rilo Kiley fan. In fact, when Coldplay rescheduled our Tampa show back in September, I was more pissed about the fact that they were gonna be replacing the opener (Rilo), then I was about the fact that I'd have to wait another 6 months to see them. Unfortunately, as with most good bands, her tour isn't coming to Florida, and the nearest show is Atlanta, a 5 hour drive each way.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Her stuff with The Postal Service is pretty good, I picked up this based on the vocals from the Postal Service album, rather than Rilo Kiley. (that and I think Jenny is hot.)
I haven't listened to it much, it's a bit soft, but the vocals are just great. Her and the Watson twins really just sound great together. The production sounds minimal which is rare these days. A bit above the production of the first couple of Iron & Wine albums, sparse but good sounding.

This "indie" movement seems to be doing well, sadly I don't think anyone knew this album album came out, as Jenny isn't a huge name, and I don't think this was marketed well at all (apart from on myspace).
I mean the album features Connor Oberst (Bright Eyes), Ben Gibbard (Death Cab for Cutie / The Postal Service) and more. Bright Eyes, Death Cab and P.S. are pretty huge right now, marketing could've used them to sell the album. That's just my gripe though.

Overall good album. I'm jealous that you got to see her live.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I can't remember where I found out about her, but I have one of her free MP3s and have been meaning to pick up the CD.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I've given most of her album a listen, and I'm not much of a fan so far. I don't have a dislike for it, but I don't think it's anything special yet. The other offspring of Rilo Kiley, The Elected, released their sophomore album "Sun, Sun, Sun" at the same time as "Rabbit Fur Coat", and I love it. I got to see them live with Stars a few weeks ago, and they were both absolutely incredible.

Since we're talking about indie music, I'd like to mention that WOXY, an independent Internet radio station, is struggling, and I wrote about their plight here. Please help if you can.

kamyiu

Stunt Coordinator
i saw the elected/stars gig here in sf. i didn't dig on the elected so much, but i enjoyed stars. back to jenny (kinda), i've decided to give rilo kiley another chance and i've been enjoying them much more this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks