-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Gilligan's Island

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Bryan Krantz

Bryan Krantz

Stunt Coordinator

• 87 posts

Posted February 17 2006 - 09:26 AM

Now that I have completed my collection of Gilligan's Island broadcast episodes, I was thinking that I would like to have the 3 reunion movies as well. I purchased a cheapo "Rescue from Gilligan's Island" DVD, but was very disappointed with the quality. Is there any chance of the 3 reunion movies (RESCUE FROM GILLIGAN'S ISLAND, CASTAWAYS ON GILLIGAN"S ISLAND, and HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS ON GILIGAN'S ISLAND) being collected? Call me a completist, but I would like to see these restored on DVD and released.

#2 of 3 Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted February 17 2006 - 09:39 AM

I would like to have these as well... I am still a little behind on Gilligan's Island... Still need Season 3.

#3 of 3 MattHR

MattHR

Screenwriter

• 1,475 posts

Posted February 17 2006 - 10:01 AM

Quote:
Is there any chance of the 3 reunion movies (RESCUE FROM GILLIGAN'S ISLAND, CASTAWAYS ON GILLIGAN"S ISLAND, and HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS ON GILIGAN'S ISLAND) being collected?

The best chance would be for a company like Anchor Bay to license them from for release as a set, since all three seem to have different production companies behind them, rather than one large studio, like Warner Bros.

I believe Rescue is a public domain title, which is why its available (in crappy form) from several suppliers.
I have all three WB seasons sets, and would buy a properly-released set, or individual releases, of the three TV-movies.