Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Panasonic PT-AE900U Mounting

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   timNGY

timNGY

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted February 17 2006 - 09:03 AM

I'm planning to ceiling mount this projector. The ceiling height is 9 feet. Some say that its ideal to have the projector centered vertically and horizontally on the screen, but this can only be achieve with a rear shelf mount.

How far down should the projector be from the ceiling? Should it be on level with top of screen or can it be higher? What are others doing with the Panny ceiling-mounted?
Panasonic PT-AE900U Front Projector
Carada 118" Brilliant White 16:9 Screen
Pioneer VSX-74TXVi Receiver
Acurus 250x2 Amp
DirecTV H20-600 HDTV ReceiverOppo 971H 720p/1080i DVDHarmony 880 Universal RemoteB&W DM604 FrontsB&W LCR600 S2 CenterB&W DM602 S2 SurroundsSVS PB12-Plus Sub

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted February 17 2006 - 11:37 PM

Not sure what the answer is but you can find out an enormous amount of info on the Panny here..... if you are unsucessful with this post. http://www.avsforum....ad.php?t=586260

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted February 18 2006 - 12:43 AM

I haven't mounted mine in the ceiling yet because I'm too busy watching movies on it. But the rules are simple, you can mount it up to 60% of your screen height from the center of the screen. That means if your screen is 48" tall, you can mount it 26.4" from the center or 2.4" from the top of the screen. Mounting it at it's maximum limits your horizontal adjustments. At the max mounting location, you have to have it dead center horizontally. All of this is based on a level projector and using the joystick to adjust the image. You can tilt your project slightly and use the keystone correction but that will add distortion to the picture. You will have to be the judge as to how much is acceptable.

-Robert

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Mark Techer

Mark Techer

Agent

• 48 posts

Posted February 18 2006 - 01:27 AM

Are the mounting holes in the same place as the 700?

Mark

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey

Producer

• 4,952 posts

Posted February 18 2006 - 03:21 AM

The vertical range is somewhat limited, and you don't even want to hit those limits to avoid distortion. It's best to keep the lens within the vertical boundaries of the screen. I dropped mine a few feet from the ceiling:

Posted Image

It's a CH setp, and you can see my Panamorph P752 vertical lens mounted in front. I'm not actually using it at the moment, though, as I don't have the requisite scaling, but there's enough zoom/shift in the 900 to allow CH without it.
SVS Customer Service
http://www.svsound.com
sales@svsound.com
techsupport@svsound.com