-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Hypothetical collection replacement scernario:

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 StephenP

StephenP

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted February 16 2006 - 02:33 AM

Lets just say you lost your dvd collection (fire, theft, whatever) and you received maybe 10$ a disc from insurance. Assume all your old titles are now available in HD (both formats - I dont want that argument again in this thread) Would you buy only HD (say $30) titles until you ran out of money, or are some films only worth an SD (say $15) copy?
I think for me, I would only replace the discs I thought were worthy of spending $30 on, and probably would buy no SD copies. If the film isnt worth buying in HD, I probably wouldnt watch it again anyway.
I have no idea why this question popped in my head. Your mind does strange things when you lie in bed at night.

#2 of 3 StephenA

StephenA

Screenwriter

• 1,512 posts

Posted February 16 2006 - 05:39 AM

I'd buy ones that are most important to me on HD. I might not replace the others right away or at all.

#3 of 3 Rolando

Rolando

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted February 16 2006 - 06:20 PM

likely HD all the way.

if I still had my collection I might not upgrade it all, like some TV shows but if starting from scratch? definitely all HD.
Rolando Avendano

My Collection