Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Amazon.ca....again

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   JeffWld

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator

• 235 posts

Posted February 15 2006 - 02:00 AM

It looks like Amazon.ca is at it again with their floating shipping dates. I ordered the "Hardcastle And McCormick" setlast week, and they had an availability date of Feb. 14.

Yesterday, the shipping date was changed to "ships in 5-6 weeks". Today, it states "ships in 8 weeks". Kind of ironic considering that this is a Canadian-only release..and Canadians have an 8-week wait.

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted February 15 2006 - 06:24 AM

I have never orderef from "Amazon CA" before but checked my shipping date for Doctor Who yesterday (which was released yesterday)and they said projected arrival between Feb 24 and March 8 ?

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Jim Browning

Jim Browning

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted February 15 2006 - 10:40 AM

I had my own post running about my frustration at times with amazon.ca, but I will say that I have had more positive experiences with them than negative.

I had been waiting for my copy of "The Rat Patrol"... they did send me a note saying that the demand had been much higher than anticipated.

It just arrived, two weeks late. Not what I want to happen every time, but considering the positive, no hassle, purchases i have made with them (there have been MANY) I will stick with them as my prime online retailer.

As an example of their fine work, I ordered "Dr. Who Season 1" on Friday, Feb 10th... It shipped to me on Sunday Feb 12th, it was then in my mailbox on Tuesday Feb 14th.... Can't ask for better when you live in a smaller remote town like mine.

Plus, if I have a defective disk, they send out a new one faster than I can blink.

So despite a few hiccups, I choose amazon.ca

Later,

Jim

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   MishaLauenstein

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor

• 586 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted February 15 2006 - 11:09 AM

I ordered "Dr. Who Season 1" on Friday, Feb 10th... It shipped to me on Sunday Feb 12th, it was then in my mailbox on Tuesday Feb 14th.

What!

I ordered mine January 12 and it still hasn't shipped (Feb. 15). Delivery estimate: Feb 22 2006 - Feb 24 2006

Do they ship them by Order Date in REVERSE?
40% Ben Katz + 30% Bobby Hill (Texas) + 20% Monica Geller + 10% William Dent. (Wardrobe by George Costanza)

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted February 15 2006 - 11:17 AM

Quote:
As an example of their fine work, I ordered "Dr. Who Season 1" on Friday, Feb 10th... It shipped to me on Sunday Feb 12th, it was then in my mailbox on Tuesday Feb 14th.... Can't ask for better when you live in a smaller remote town like mine.

What? What??? I ordered mine on January 27th and havent gotten mine either. Not fair!! Posted Image

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Jim Browning

Jim Browning

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted February 15 2006 - 01:19 PM

Sorry, but thats just how I do things... I usually place my order on a Wed, Thurs, Fri, for something that is being released on the following Tuesday.

I'm on the West coast of Canada, and all the stuff ships from the East....I'm impressed it arrives when it does. Sometimes it will be a couple of days longer due to whatever, but I'm pretty much assured of next week delivery.

And that is just regular postage. I never pay extra for express, and I occasionally take advantage of the free super shipping offer.

I have also used a company here in BC, ***.thecnl.com, I check them out when I'm having "amazon issues", or I want to check around for a different price on something. Being that we are in the same province (BC) anything shipped from them usually comes in the next day or two.

Later,

Jim

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Rick P

Rick P

Supporting Actor

• 691 posts

Posted February 15 2006 - 07:01 PM

Well, for what it's worth, my Hardcastle from Amazon.ca has a tracking number Posted Image

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Jonathan-P

Jonathan-P

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted February 16 2006 - 05:21 AM

yeah their dates aren't usually right.

Hardcastle says 4-6 weeks, but I put it in my cart on Tuesday and it's already on the way. Should get it today or tomorrow according to the tracking.

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Rick P

Rick P

Supporting Actor

• 691 posts

Posted February 21 2006 - 08:06 AM

Got mine about 3 minutes ago...

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   PeterWe

PeterWe

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted April 17 2006 - 08:43 AM

Well I hear in the US have no trouble. However I do order some stuff from Canada and it takes about 2 weeks from date of order to arrival. Mine goes through customs as well. You could always move!