Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Knight Rider Season 3 Missing Sounds????

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Patrick Senatro

Patrick Senatro

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted February 13 2006 - 02:16 PM

I just read over at TVSHOWSONDVD.COM that some people are saying that Knight Rider Season 3 has sound effects missing and the Universal is doing a recall. Is this problem on all sets or just some of them and could someone please tell me where this problem is on the discs so I could check mine. Thanks.

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Randy*S

Randy*S

Second Unit

• 280 posts

Posted February 13 2006 - 04:52 PM

Yes, Gord did'nt say which episodes, I just started disc 1 and I'd to know which ones to check too. So any help would be appreciated. Posted Image
Disney please put Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends on DVD!!!!

I will NEVER buy ANY politically corrected/edited DVD!

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   MattHR

MattHR

Screenwriter

• 1,506 posts

Posted February 13 2006 - 04:56 PM

Does anybody else find it odd that Universal announces instructions to remedy this problem, when virtually no one has heard of it? Meanwhile, countless other titles are plagued by vast problems, with no acknowledgement from Universal.

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   Rob T

Rob T

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted February 13 2006 - 08:15 PM

the only one that I noticed was that a telephone didn't ring when it was supposed to.
I don't know what episode it was though.

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Alex-A

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted February 13 2006 - 11:45 PM

The only episode where I really noticed missing sound effects was theo ne where KITT gets electrocuted and loses his memory. I don't have the set in front of me at the moment but I believe the episode is Lost Knight on disc 2. Not 100% sure on the episode's title and location, but I do know it's that particular one that caught my attention.
NCC-2000

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted February 14 2006 - 12:31 AM

I've noticed a couple minor effects missing but nothing that would make me want to get a replacement.

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted February 14 2006 - 01:31 AM

I'm curious about this as well as my copy of season 3 is in my 'to watch' pile. I'm wondering if the whole set has to be sent back as they really didn't give specifics about the recall process besides contacting them. If so, that's going to be a major headache for consumers. It's bad enough exchanging one disc (example: Sony's Stargate Season 8).....but exchanging a whole set of DVD-18's.(shudder)Posted Image
Recently watched- Lethal Weapon 4, Lethal Weapon 3, Lethal Weapon 2, Lethal Weapon, Home Alone 2: Lost In New York, Home Alone, An American Christmas Carol, It's A Spongebob Christmas!, Four Christmases, Love & Other Drugs, Assault On Precinct 13(1976), Lovejoy Christmas Specials, Die Hard 2: Die Harder, Die Hard, Up 3D, The Grandmaster

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Arrow: Season 2, Star Trek: Season 1

"Keep the change your filthy animal!"

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   Mike Miskulin

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit

• 386 posts

Posted February 14 2006 - 03:38 PM

Yeah, I watched the entire season last week and there were a few times that made me think "hmm, shouldn't the tires have squealed there, or hmmm, no turbo boost sound?" No specific examples, but nothing that made me angry about the release or make me want to send away for replacements...

One funny continuity issue though is present in "Knight in Retreat". KITT hits turbo boost to jump a truck and they show someone pressing his turbo boost button. Problem is Michael is in another vehicle and nowhere near KITT! Made me laugh when I saw it...

mike.

Do it Right or Don't Do it at All.®

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted February 28 2006 - 01:16 AM

So....did anyone decide to contact Universal about getting the replacement discs? Just curious as I want to know if they are sending a prepaid envelope for the old discs to be sent back or if they just want a proof of purchase.

I noticed a missing telephone ring and turbo boost sounds as well as lower than usual sounds on the second episode on side A of the first disc so far. It was kind of distracting.
Recently watched- Lethal Weapon 4, Lethal Weapon 3, Lethal Weapon 2, Lethal Weapon, Home Alone 2: Lost In New York, Home Alone, An American Christmas Carol, It's A Spongebob Christmas!, Four Christmases, Love & Other Drugs, Assault On Precinct 13(1976), Lovejoy Christmas Specials, Die Hard 2: Die Harder, Die Hard, Up 3D, The Grandmaster

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Arrow: Season 2, Star Trek: Season 1

"Keep the change your filthy animal!"

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,738 posts

Posted February 28 2006 - 03:31 AM

I think I found the episode in question - I dont remember the title (It was the one with the construction worker killed by a crane, with the micro-bomb bugging devices), and it had a bunch of dead air - driving shots with no road noise, road noise but without Kitt's turbine whine and that sort of thing.

Sounded very odd indeed. I'd emailed Uni right after the news broke, and I heard back from them - a real non-answer. It said "We're repressing the discs now and will announce when you can get them soon."

I'll post the mail when I get home tonight if anyone wants.

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   DeathStar1

DeathStar1

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted March 31 2006 - 10:50 AM

Watching Season 3 now, and definetlly notice missing effects. Specifically in the one where Kitt loses his memory....

Any word on replacements?

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,738 posts

Posted August 07 2006 - 03:47 AM

Has anyone heard anything about the replacements showing up yet? Its been a while since I sent my set back to universal for replacement - and nothing.

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   John*Wells

John*Wells

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted October 08 2006 - 01:24 AM

I have all 4 seasons and when I ran through Season 3 I didn't notice any. Of course I didn't know what to look for