What's new

Pics of eight Blu ray players and player/recorders (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have to laugh a bit when I see pics of the new Blu-Ray players. I just bought a used laserdisc player to replace the crap one I had. And while researching which one to get. I saw pics of ld players from when they first came out till the last new players made. And how we must have looked in awe at the first machines and now we look at the older players(even when ld players were still popular)and saw how old & out of date they look.
And while on the subject. We were in awe how much better Ld's looked over vhs...then Dvd's over Ld's and now HD-dvd over dvd.

(Yes, I know some of you big LD fans will say they are stil great. I am saying generally.)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
time for a new "universal" player that plays:
-SACD
-DVD-Audio MLP
-HD-DVD
-BR
-DVD-Video
-Divx
-Xvid
-mp3/wma/wmv/wmv-hd
-Audio CD
-etc.

Kelly Grannell

Second Unit
Anybody notice that Yamaha's player is 100% identical to the one of Philips? Of course, they'll sell it for more money because it's a "yamaha" ;)

Kelly Grannell

Second Unit
some specs may be enabled or disabled, but you can open the the unit and you will see identical 'innards' for the both models. Even identical schematic diagrams. I've seen them both and they are 100% identical (again. some features are enabled/disabled)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks