Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The call me Bruce (Evil Dead)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 of 20 OFFLINE   todd stone

todd stone

Screenwriter

• 1,768 posts

Posted February 10 2006 - 01:48 AM

This for real?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489235/
Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers, Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning, Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla,where the brave may live...

#2 of 20 OFFLINE   Doug Miller

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor

• 712 posts

Posted February 10 2006 - 04:14 AM

From brucecampbell.com "They Call Me Bruce is being produced by Dark Horse Indie, the new joint venture production company created by Dark Horse Entertainment and Image Entertainment. Popular actor and Oregon resident Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead, Army of Darkness) is set to star and direct. He will also produce the project with another Oregon resident, Dark Horse president Mike Richardson. They Call Me Bruce is the tale of a small town set upon by demons after a group of teen-agers unwittingly unleash an ancient curse. Campbell, playing himself, is kidnapped off the set of a B horror movie and, despite his protestations that he's just an actor, is forced to play the role of his heroic movie character in order to save the town. Mark Verheiden (The Mask, TimeCop) is writing the screenplay. Production is scheduled for early 2006 in southern Oregon." Doug

#3 of 20 OFFLINE   Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,564 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted February 10 2006 - 04:15 AM

Yep...it's real. At this point, I don't think they have a distributor, so expect a release push a la BUBBA HO TEP with Bruce travelling and speaking to fans. It should be great!

#4 of 20 OFFLINE   Random Hero

Random Hero

Second Unit

• 277 posts

Posted February 10 2006 - 02:55 PM

Maybe there will be a scene where Johnny Yune comes in to help Bruce save the day. Posted Image

#5 of 20 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted February 10 2006 - 03:40 PM

Bruce Campbell is one of just a couple of actors that I would blindly follow into hell and ask no questions, the man can do no wrong with me.

Although, I think that a better title would be If Chins Could Kill. Posted Image
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#6 of 20 OFFLINE   Beau

Beau

Supporting Actor

• 503 posts

Posted February 10 2006 - 04:03 PM

I've had the pleasure of meeting Bruce at a couple book signings here in Portland (the guy sure seems to love Oregon). Once in November of '02 and again just a few months ago at Music Millineum (for any other Portlanders here on the boards who also happened to have gone to that same signing, I was there too!) Funny story, the first time when he read the post-it with my name on it, he said "Is it 'Bear'?". The second time he said "Is it 'Bean'?". The second time I told him about the first time, and he laughed and said something like "Is that right?". He's a really funny guy.

#7 of 20 OFFLINE   David Rogers

David Rogers

Supporting Actor

• 723 posts

Posted February 13 2006 - 01:25 AM

Assuming that's a real movie they're really going to make, it sounds fucking brilliant, to quote Bono. Totally there for that.
-----

Dave's World
-No matter where you go, there you are-

#8 of 20 OFFLINE   Stephen Lilley

Stephen Lilley

Stunt Coordinator

• 58 posts

Posted February 13 2006 - 04:54 AM

I was lucky enough to attend one of Bruce's book signings on the MAKE LOVE! THE BRUCE CAMPBELL WAY tour this summer, and when he mentioned this project during a Q&A session before the event the crowd went insane. I myself thought it was one of the most original, clever ideas I had ever heard - until I realized it's essentially a horror version of THE THREE AMIGOS!. But whatever. As someone else said, its Bruce Campbell. He could be like "You're going to give me $8.50, and I'm going to punch you in the face for two hours", and I'd be perfectly okay with that.

#9 of 20 OFFLINE   Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted February 13 2006 - 05:07 AM

I was also at a book signing and a screening of "Man with the Screaming Brain" in Dallas and he did Q&A beforehand where he confirmed this movie. I will follow him anywhere.

#10 of 20 OFFLINE   TheLongshot

TheLongshot

Producer

• 4,119 posts

Posted February 13 2006 - 08:57 AM

Or Galaxy Quest, for that matter. The most unique aspect of this film, tho, is that Bruce is playing himself, rather than a fictional actor. Course, Bruce is pretty good at playing himself. Posted Image

Jason

#11 of 20 OFFLINE   Hunter P

Hunter P

Screenwriter

• 1,483 posts

Posted February 13 2006 - 09:25 AM

They still need to change the name. There will be only one "They Call Me Bruce?" in my eyes. Are they purposely trying to do an association with the 80's film? The movies are sorta similar but no demons in the 1982 flick.Posted Image

There was a sequel to "They Call Me Bruce?" called "They Still Call Me Bruce?" Maybe they can call this movie "They Call This Other Guy Bruce Too." Posted Image
GIR, UNLEASH THE MONKEY!
MONKEY!
"I am the Doctor of Death, and I have come to cure you of your life." --Endless Mike, The Adventures of Pete and Pete

#12 of 20 OFFLINE   Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted February 13 2006 - 03:42 PM

Amen.
"Oh I can hold my breath for a long, long time!"

http://www.dvdprofil....s=TromaFiend02

#13 of 20 OFFLINE   Random Hero

Random Hero

Second Unit

• 277 posts

Posted February 13 2006 - 06:47 PM

"Take a good look at me... I'm Oriental!"

"What's the most important thing in life?"
"Broads!"

:lol:

I may have to give that movie a rent. It's cheesy. Posted Image

#14 of 20 OFFLINE   James T

James T

Screenwriter

• 1,643 posts

Posted February 14 2006 - 05:44 AM

I heard about this movie awhile ago. I didn't realize it actually got off the ground. I think it sounds like a great idea. A New Nightmare had a similar idea and it turned out pretty good.

#15 of 20 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,227 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted February 14 2006 - 05:55 AM

This sounds like fun, although I hope the actual production fairs better than "The Man With The Screaming Brain" did, which was almost painful in it's execution. If Bruce wasn't in it, it would of been unwatchable, but fortunately he was.
I had completely forgotten about hits movie!! I used to watch it all the time as a kid1 Is it available in R1?

#16 of 20 OFFLINE   Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted February 14 2006 - 12:21 PM

Amazingly yes! Madacy put out a disc about three years ago. It can be found for under ten bucks at B&M's or online. The picture quality isn't reference or anything but it beats the hell out of my old VHS copy. Oddly, the "You are a 10 where you should be a 36" scene is edited. Who ever thought Bruce Campbell could unite fans of Johnny Yune? Is there anything he can't do?
"Oh I can hold my breath for a long, long time!"

http://www.dvdprofil....s=TromaFiend02

#17 of 20 OFFLINE   Random Hero

Random Hero

Second Unit

• 277 posts

Posted February 14 2006 - 04:11 PM

Sorry to go off-topic, but has anyone heard anything about "They Still Call Me Bruce" coming to DVD? I mean, Johnny Yune and Donald Gibb in the same movie! Posted Image

#18 of 20 OFFLINE   Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit

• 269 posts

Posted November 09 2008 - 01:19 AM

I hear there were/are limited screenings around the country, opened on
Halloween this year, an old thread but that's what the search function
brought up Posted Image

has anyone on this board seen the movie yet?

Any word of a wide release ?

G2
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious……

#19 of 20 OFFLINE   Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted November 09 2008 - 05:20 AM

I've only seen the trailer that was posted on MySpace.

#20 of 20 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,756 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted November 09 2008 - 06:01 AM

I might try to go see one of his screenings. The one in his home town might be pretty fun too. I believe he debuted the film at the Ashland, OR Film Festival, which I totally would have gone to if I'd known.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users