What's new

Kingdom of Heaven - Director's Cut - 5/23/06 (1 Viewer)

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
I got the specs from a thread over at dvdtalk. The guy says his source is reliable but he cannot reveal it. Dvdplanet has it on their web site for preorder.

http://www.dvdplanet.com/product_lis...roductid=68087

4-Disc Set

Run Time: 191 Minutes
MPAA Rating (USA): R
Genre: Drama

Bonus Features:

Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut features a new widescreen feature, commentaries and tons of bonus features on 4 discs.

Disc 1:
**DIRECTOR'S CUT Part One
*Introduction by Sir Ridley Scott
**AUDIO COMMENTARIES
Director Ridley Scott and Writer William Monahan
by executive producer Lisa Ellzey, film editor Dody Dorn, visual effects supervisor Wes Sewell and first assistant director Adam Somner
**THE ENGINER'S GUIDE

Disc 2:
**DIRECTOR'S CUT Part Two
**AUDIO COMMENTARIES (Continued)
Director Ridley Scott and Writer William Monahan
by executive producer Lisa Ellzey, film editor Dody Dorn, visual effects supervisor Wes Sewell and first assistant director Adam Somner
**THE ENGINER'S GUIDE (Cont'd)
*Story Notes (Text & Images)

Disc 3:
**THE PATH TO REDEMPTION DOCUMENTARY - Part I
DEVELOPMENT
*Part I: Good Intentions (Featurette)
*"Tripoli" Overview & Gallery (Text & Images)
*First Draft Screenplay by William Monahan (Text)
*Story Notes (Text & Images)
*Location Scout Gallery (Images)
**PRE-PRODUCTION
*Part II: Faith and Courage (Featurette)
*Screen Tests (Video and Commentary)
*Cast Rehearsals (Video)
*Costume & Weapon Design Featurette (Video)
*Production Design / Conceptual Art / Costume Galleries (Text & Images)
**PRODUCTION: SPAIN
*Part III: The Pilgrimage Begins (Featurette)
*Creative Accuracy: The Scholars Speak (Video)
*Storyboard Comparisons (Multi-Angle Video & Images)
*Photo Galleries (Text & Images)

Disc 4:
**THE PATH TO REDEMPTION (Continued)
**PRODUCTION: MOROCCO
*Part IV: Into The Promised Land (Featurette)
*Unholy War: Mounting The Siege (Video)
*Storyboard Comparisons (Multi-Angle Video & Images)
*Photo Galleries (Text & Images)
**POST-PRODUCTION
*Part V: The Burning Bush (Featurette)
*Deleted & Alternate Scenes (Video & Commentary)
*Sound Design Suite (Video & Audio)
*Visual Effects Breakdowns (Video & Commentary)
**RELEASE
*Part VI: Sins and Absolution (Featurette)
*Trailers & TV Spots (Video & Commentary)
*ShoWest Presentation (Video)
*Press Junket Walkthrough (Video)
*Japanese & London Premieres (Video)
*Poster Explorations: Domestic & International (Images)
*The Director's Cut & DVD Campaign (Video & Images)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Well, I guess we all knew it was coming, so no surprise there. Amazon has it up for preorder as well. Gotta say the SRP is surprisingly low for a 4-discer at $34.95. I held out on the first release, so I'll probably get this one.

Chris

ChristopherBlig

Stunt Coordinator
Any chance for a theatrical release before the DVD release on the East Coast. I certainly would love to experience this film on the big screen!!!

StephenP

Stunt Coordinator
Sweet, been waiting for this... I guess since it's coming so soom I'll get it on Standard dvd instead of Blu-ray.

Nick Shookla

Agent
Real Name
Nick Shookla

As would I, but unfortunately it won't be. Kind of a shame it could only been seen in 1 theater over in L.A.

Can't wait to pick this up!

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
5/23? That's waaaaay sooner than I expected! Thank the heavens... I can't wait to get my hands on this! Ever since reading about the director's cut I've been salivating, and it pretty much hasn't stopped for months. Imagining the flawed theatrical cut... without the flaws... :D And a four-disc set that even Gladiator didn't get. This truly is Ridley Scott's favorite film.

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
I'm getting this, and I agree that it's sooner than expected. It's really a shame that the longer cut wasn't released theatrically in the first place and maybe Fox should have put the longer cut out there 'in selected theaters' alongside the shorter one last year for those who wanted to see it.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
The longer cut is MUCH better-- really dramatic and stirring. And the FX are unbelievable. Fox really screwed this up.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
I liked the theatrical, but heard this was coming so I never bought the original. I'll probably buy this, but might wait to see if a HD-DVD or BD version is released.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I got the current release dirt-cheap after Christmas ($7.50) and haven't watched it yet.

This puts me in a strange position; if I don't like it, should I then want to buy a $35 DC?

Are all these DC extras new? I thought the original DVD already had very comprehensive extras.

I was expecting this DC to be an affordable, single-disc (non-DTS) release that would complement the first release (ala Daredevil DC), not utterly replace it.

Seems like they are trying to replicate the Gladiator 4-disc release, but KoH doesn't have that kind of clout and this massive package comes too soon after the regular release for me.

Edit: Just checked, current Gladiator release is 3-discs.

Jack _Webster

Stunt Coordinator

In the case of Daredevil, I was actually hoping that the extras would be carried over so that the DC would replace the original. Cases like Daredevil and Kingdom of Heaven are not like LotR EE, Dances with Wolves EE, etc. (in which the original is expanded upon with unnecessary, but welcome, character development). With those movies, both versions are have the director's stamp of approval. With KoH and DD, they were cases where the studio screwed up the film by forcing the filmmaker to compromise his story. Quite frankly, I'd be fine with throwing my original dvd in the trash.

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
About freaking time....I've been dying to add this film to my collection but after seeing the Theatrical Cut in the theatres, I knew a Director's Cut would be coming. I can't tell you how many times I've been to Best Buy with the intention of buying the film on DVD, knowing what was coming. I'm glad I held off.

This set looks epic.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I'm keeping my original and will be adding this one too. As a Ridley fan, you can't have too many extras on the man's films. And none of the extras seem to have been carried over :emoji_thumbsup:

Ryan Tsang

Second Unit
great news! I too will be there on the 23rd. I rented the first release and I enjoyed it more the 2nd time around.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor

With Ridley Scott behind the camera and Charlie D working on features, you can expect a little more than 1 disc. Hell, the theatrical KOH dvd is practically barebones by their standards.

Can't wait,
Nathan

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Rent the theatrical version between now and then. I didn't think much of it when I saw it but by all accounts the new version overcomes most if not all of my objections to the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks