Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Floating Floor stage / Need foam.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Keith_Current

Keith_Current

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted February 09 2006 - 03:13 AM

Hello, Im new to the HTF and I have been lurking on all the threads here. Which I might add are very helpful. Which brings me to a question or more of a problem. I am at the stage of laying down my Floating floor in my basement. I plan to either use the Dri Core system or the DIY version of 2x4's and R13 Insulation. But I am having trouble finding a store that sells the 1 inch foam separator that is laid around the edges of the room. I have already checked with Home Depot and the flooring and Building materials Reps said they don't carry it. ( I would include a picture but Im restricted until 15 posts ) Would anyone know where I could purchase or online order this material? This is needed to keep the floor from rubbing or touching the walls. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you, -K Current

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Michael Whitney

Michael Whitney

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted February 09 2006 - 03:40 AM

Possibly you could use the Pink rigid foam and cut it into strips to lay around the perimeter? I think it breathes and would be pretty inexpensive as 1 2'X8' sheet is only around $13.00.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Keith_Current

Keith_Current

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted February 10 2006 - 06:32 AM

Ok that would work. Or I could use Insulation Panels. Im going to check with Lowes tonight. Just funny that they call for this material but no one has it. thanks for the suggestion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users