Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

After M*A*S*H and W*A*L*T*E*R

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Charlie Kaus

Charlie Kaus

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted February 08 2006 - 08:16 AM

Since M*A*S*H will be finishing up its run later this year I was wondering if there were any plans to release either of these 2 spinoffs? W*A*L*T*E*R was only one episode so maybe they could piggy-back it onto something.

Charlie

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,097 posts

Posted February 08 2006 - 09:47 AM

I know lots of M*A*S*H fans are wondering about this since supposedly the main series will finish up on DVD this year. I remember watching After M*A*S*H and being VERY disappointed. It just wasn't the same when the focus was around 3 formerly supporting players. The show didn't last long and for good reason. M*A*S*H had long since run out of steam so I'm guessing there was just nothing left to give to the spinoff. I think Hot Lips would have made a much better spinoff. If Klinger ain't wearing a dress then I ain't interested.

I've heard about the Gary Burghoff pilot for years but I don't recall if it ever got an airing. If it did I probably saw it and just don't remember.
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,994 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted February 09 2006 - 01:38 AM

Quote:
I've heard about the Gary Burghoff pilot for years but I don't recall if it ever got an airing. If it did I probably saw it and just don't remember.

I was thinking it was an episode of AfterMASH that was being used as an "in-show" pilot to test the waters, but maybe I'm misremembering it. I gave up on AfterMASH shortly after the second season started.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,287 posts

Posted February 09 2006 - 02:34 AM

The Way they are dumping TV Series to DVD now I would say the chances are a lot better than I thought they were a few years ago. I passed on the Series when CBS ran it , as alot have, so I doubt I'd buy it on DVD. Mash Concluded it's long run perfectly, it did not need to continue
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Brad P

Brad P

Stunt Coordinator

• 69 posts

Posted February 09 2006 - 02:15 PM

As a huge M*A*S*H fan who isn't old enough to remember After M*A*S*H, I'd probably Netflix a release of the spinoff out of morbid curiosity. But I don't expect it to be very good.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Charlie Kaus

Charlie Kaus

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted February 09 2006 - 02:16 PM

I found some info on the W*A*L*T*E*R pilot at bestcareanywhere dot net. I don't have enough posts to put a link on here but if you go to the site and look under spinoffs you'll find it. Also does anyone know if Trapper John M.D. might make it onto DVD?

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Rob Dwyer

Rob Dwyer

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted February 10 2006 - 02:55 AM

TV Obsurities has a very detailed article on W*A*L*T*E*R

http://www.tvobscuri...ages/walter.php

Apparently CBS aired it as a special at some point... although I'd love to get this, AfterMASH and hopefully some of the MASH specials in another set after Season 11 comes out...

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Charlie Kaus

Charlie Kaus

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted February 10 2006 - 05:43 AM

Thanks for the info. I'ts great to actually see clips from the show.

charlie

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,240 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted February 10 2006 - 12:28 PM

bill bixby directed, Walter
facebook.com/whotony