What's new

After M*A*S*H and W*A*L*T*E*R (1 Viewer)

Charlie Kaus

Agent
Since M*A*S*H will be finishing up its run later this year I was wondering if there were any plans to release either of these 2 spinoffs? W*A*L*T*E*R was only one episode so maybe they could piggy-back it onto something.

Charlie

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I know lots of M*A*S*H fans are wondering about this since supposedly the main series will finish up on DVD this year. I remember watching After M*A*S*H and being VERY disappointed. It just wasn't the same when the focus was around 3 formerly supporting players. The show didn't last long and for good reason. M*A*S*H had long since run out of steam so I'm guessing there was just nothing left to give to the spinoff. I think Hot Lips would have made a much better spinoff. If Klinger ain't wearing a dress then I ain't interested.

I've heard about the Gary Burghoff pilot for years but I don't recall if it ever got an airing. If it did I probably saw it and just don't remember.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

I was thinking it was an episode of AfterMASH that was being used as an "in-show" pilot to test the waters, but maybe I'm misremembering it. I gave up on AfterMASH shortly after the second season started.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The Way they are dumping TV Series to DVD now I would say the chances are a lot better than I thought they were a few years ago. I passed on the Series when CBS ran it , as alot have, so I doubt I'd buy it on DVD. Mash Concluded it's long run perfectly, it did not need to continue

Brad P

Stunt Coordinator
As a huge M*A*S*H fan who isn't old enough to remember After M*A*S*H, I'd probably Netflix a release of the spinoff out of morbid curiosity. But I don't expect it to be very good.

Charlie Kaus

Agent
I found some info on the W*A*L*T*E*R pilot at bestcareanywhere dot net. I don't have enough posts to put a link on here but if you go to the site and look under spinoffs you'll find it. Also does anyone know if Trapper John M.D. might make it onto DVD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks