What's new

Cary Grant /Frank Capra Box sets (1 Viewer)

Barrie Maxwell

Stunt Coordinator
The new Cary Grant Box Set from Sony reveals that the company also is planning a Premiere Edition Frank Capra Box Set. It will include It Happened One Night, Mr. Deeds Goes to Town, You Can't Take It with You, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Platinum Blonde, and new-to-DVD American Madness. The release seems likely to be later this year although no timing is specified.

The new Cary Grant box set contains new transfers and some new features as well as porting over most of the supplements from the original releases, so it seems reasonable to expect similar treatment on the Capra films. Restoration work on Mr. Smith was already known to be underway. The only down side is the probability that American Madness will only be available in the Capra box, similar to how Holiday is being treated with the Grant box.

Barrie

Charles H

Screenwriter
More than a year ago, you mentioned that AMERICAN MADNESS and THE MIRACLE WOMAN were coming from Sony. THE MIRACLE WOMAN is out in R2 as part of a Barbara Stanwyck Collection. Any rumors of a Stanwyck collection from Sony? FORBIDDEN? GOLDEN BOY? YOU BELONG TO ME? THE BITTER TEA OF GENERAL YEN? SHOPWORN? And if Sony still owns MGM/UA...WITNESS TO MURDER?

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thank you Barrie!

Any word on whether "YOU CAN'T IT WITH YOU" will be improved from the previous release or is finding a good print of this movie a lost cause?

Thanks,

Steve

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I'll be getting this set, though I also broke down and bought IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT fairly recently!

Richard Matich

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad this set is coming. Those crummy and overpriced Columbia issues suck. $25 at brick & morter stores. Now with a box set I'll finnaly get my Capra films. :D I want some good extras also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks