Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Cary Grant /Frank Capra Box sets

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Barrie Maxwell

Barrie Maxwell

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted February 08 2006 - 06:39 AM

The new Cary Grant Box Set from Sony reveals that the company also is planning a Premiere Edition Frank Capra Box Set. It will include It Happened One Night, Mr. Deeds Goes to Town, You Can't Take It with You, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Platinum Blonde, and new-to-DVD American Madness. The release seems likely to be later this year although no timing is specified.

The new Cary Grant box set contains new transfers and some new features as well as porting over most of the supplements from the original releases, so it seems reasonable to expect similar treatment on the Capra films. Restoration work on Mr. Smith was already known to be underway. The only down side is the probability that American Madness will only be available in the Capra box, similar to how Holiday is being treated with the Grant box.

Barrie

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Charles H

Charles H

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted February 08 2006 - 07:56 AM

More than a year ago, you mentioned that AMERICAN MADNESS and THE MIRACLE WOMAN were coming from Sony. THE MIRACLE WOMAN is out in R2 as part of a Barbara Stanwyck Collection. Any rumors of a Stanwyck collection from Sony? FORBIDDEN? GOLDEN BOY? YOU BELONG TO ME? THE BITTER TEA OF GENERAL YEN? SHOPWORN? And if Sony still owns MGM/UA...WITNESS TO MURDER?
Charles Hoyt

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,293 posts

Posted February 08 2006 - 09:01 AM

Thank you Barrie!

Any word on whether "YOU CAN'T IT WITH YOU" will be improved from the previous release or is finding a good print of this movie a lost cause?

Thanks,

Steve
Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   CameronMcC

CameronMcC

Second Unit

• 298 posts

Posted February 08 2006 - 03:58 PM

good news....although i did recieve it happened one night as a gift last week

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Producer

• 6,001 posts

Posted February 08 2006 - 04:00 PM

I'll be getting this set, though I also broke down and bought IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT fairly recently!

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Richard Matich

Richard Matich

Stunt Coordinator

• 121 posts

Posted February 08 2006 - 09:27 PM

I'm glad this set is coming. Those crummy and overpriced Columbia issues suck. $25 at brick & morter stores. Now with a box set I'll finnaly get my Capra films. Posted Image I want some good extras also.