Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Lots of 80's sitcoms..Where's Mr. Belvedere?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
79 replies to this topic

#1 of 80 OFFLINE   Dan*T

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

• 534 posts

Posted February 07 2006 - 03:29 AM

With the slew of '80's & early '90's sitcoms being released. One of my favorites is nowhere to be found. Mr. Belvedere ranks #110 in the unreleased ranking of TVShowsOnDVD.com's database.
C'mon Fox, give Mr.B a chance!!
Dan T.

#2 of 80 OFFLINE   Pavan_P

Pavan_P

Second Unit

• 321 posts

Posted February 07 2006 - 03:42 AM

Tons of '80s sitcoms need to still come out. Hogan Family, Small Wonder, Silver Spoons, Out of this World, Webster, Family Ties, Amen, Benson, Perfect Strangers, Head of the Class, What's Happening Now!!, It's a Living, 9 to 5, My Sister Sam, My Two Dads, Newhart, Square Pegs, and Three's a Crowd off the top of my head.

I hope at least 25% of those come out this year, if not more.

#3 of 80 OFFLINE   Dan*T

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

• 534 posts

Posted February 07 2006 - 04:40 AM

Pavan,
Out of your list, here's my top picks:
Three's a Crowd ( & The Ropers)
Perfect Strangers (season sets!)
Hogan Family
Family Ties (what's up with that?)
Coach (thought it was coming in '05??)

And PLEASE more of:
Night Court
Who's The Boss!!

These are all very popular & entertaining sitcoms which most of us like myself relate to when thinking back to our childhood & that great decade ..the '80s!!

Posted Image
Dan T.

#4 of 80 OFFLINE   Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted February 07 2006 - 04:53 AM

If MR BELVEDERE were ever to be released on DVD, I would hope they could add the SNL "Broctune" sketch, with Tom Hanks. A meeting of the fans of the guy who plays Mr. Belvedere fan club. One of the funniest SNL sketches.

As for the rest of the 80's sitcoms, I actually saw FAMILY TIES for the first time in a long time yesterday, and it still held up quite well. I'd definitely pick that up too.

#5 of 80 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted February 07 2006 - 07:55 AM

I would like to see "Valerie". "Family Ties" if the delay is not "music-related" or something else that needs to be edited in order for it to be released from Paramount.

#6 of 80 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,097 posts

Posted February 07 2006 - 09:12 AM

Ahh, Mr. Belvedere. I loved this show and it has basically disappeared. I think it aired very briefly in syndicated reruns. That was years ago and I have not seen it since. I'd be surprised if it came out on DVD considering it's low profile. But that would be great. I'd be happy it somebody would just show it again.

Isn't it amazing how many channels there are now but there are still a HUGE number of old shows that you never see.
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#7 of 80 OFFLINE   Rob P S

Rob P S

Screenwriter

• 1,995 posts

Posted February 07 2006 - 03:13 PM

This show was pretty funny.

Remember the one when Jason Bateman played the daughter's boyfriend who had the hots for the mother (and who wouldn't)?

#8 of 80 OFFLINE   JiM T

JiM T

Stunt Coordinator

• 213 posts

Posted February 07 2006 - 04:18 PM

Maybe they could get Alan Spencer (of "Sledge Hammer!" fame) to record a commentary? Posted Image He had an awful lot to say about "Mr. Belvedere" on his "Sledge" commentaries.

Heck, commentaries by people who hate the movies worked for the big "Matrix" box set - why not "Mr. Belvedere"?

Posted Image

#9 of 80 OFFLINE   John*P

John*P

Second Unit

• 419 posts

Posted February 08 2006 - 07:44 PM

I definitely want Mr. Belvedere seasons on DVD, along with The Hogan Family, Family Ties, Small Wonder, Silver Spoons, Out of this World, It's Your Move, My Two Dads, etc...

I recently e-mailed Fox and requested that Mr. Belvedere be released in season DVD sets and they told me that they didn't own the rights to the show...strange since I requested it to them about a year ago, and they gave me the typical "we'll let marketing know you want the show on DVD" response. (they recently gave me that response when I requested Small Wonder) I think they may have made a mistake...pretty much everyone online says Fox owns it. I checked IMDb and saw that ABC distributed it...so I e-mailed Disney and they don't own the rights to it either. Fox must've goofed...

Anyway, I can definitely see the show getting released on DVD. If not by Fox, then by Anchor Bay or one of the smaller companies. (I'd rather see Anchor Bay release it as they'd probably give us quick, consistent releases of the seasons...sales wouldn't have to be as high for them as they would for Fox)

#10 of 80 OFFLINE   Dan*T

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

• 534 posts

Posted February 09 2006 - 02:36 AM

Quote:
I'd rather see Anchor Bay release it as they'd probably give us quick, consistent releases of the seasons...sales wouldn't have to be as high for them as they would for Fox)

John.
Interesting tidbit about Fox not owning the rights.I think that they goofed as well.

I would also like to see Anchor Bay release Mr.Belvedere, as well as any other show they could get the rights to. Their releases are excellent. Always good quality, and the release schedules are consistent.

Anyone out there who would like Anchor Bay to release Mr.Belvedere, drop them a line at
suggestions@anchorbayentertainment.com
Dan T.

#11 of 80 ONLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,676 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted February 09 2006 - 11:27 AM

I would buy "Benson" in a heartbeat. Hopefully now that Sony has released all four seasons of "Soap," they'll move on to "Benson."
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#12 of 80 OFFLINE   Kelly G

Kelly G

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted March 28 2006 - 03:55 AM

I would love to see:

Valerie
Hogans Family
It's Your Move
Mr. Belevedere
My Two Dads
SILVER SPOONS!!!

I was a huge Jason Bateman fan when I was growing up. I am suprised to see others put down It's Your Move. I figured most people would not remember that show. Everybody I grew up with loved Silver Spoons.....I am still shocked that show hasn't came out yet.

#13 of 80 OFFLINE   Rob P S

Rob P S

Screenwriter

• 1,995 posts

Posted March 23 2008 - 02:43 PM

Any news?

#14 of 80 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,097 posts

Posted March 23 2008 - 07:13 PM

I'd be shocked if this ever saw the light of day on DVD. I can't imagine it would be a priority or even on the radar. Mr. B. never got any respect for being a cute, funny clean show. The fact that it never even shows up in rerun syndie speaks volumes. Would love to have it either on DVD or at least back in syndie. But I'm not holding my breath.

But don't expect any SNL sketches appearing in any future Mr. B. releases since they obviously aired on different networks.

Retro Remixes

#15 of 80 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,097 posts

Posted March 23 2008 - 07:15 PM

duplicate

Retro Remixes

#16 of 80 OFFLINE   Will_C

Will_C

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted March 25 2008 - 05:33 AM

Would definitely love to see this come out as well. Loved Bob Uecker. Also would love to have Head of the Class, Small Wonder, Out of this World and My Secret Identity.
Rick Hunter
USMC Force Recon Scout Sniper
"If you run, you'll only die tired."

#17 of 80 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,307 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted March 25 2008 - 08:20 AM

We never even got this show in syndication in the Raleigh-Durham market and we got all the major 1980s sitcoms when they hit syndication.

The three movies with Clifton Webb that inspired the series aren't out either.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#18 of 80 OFFLINE   Walter C

Walter C

Screenwriter

• 2,183 posts

Posted March 25 2008 - 12:49 PM

Strangely enough, I always see Bob Uecker as the "guy from Mr. Belvedere", and I consider myself a baseball fan. Posted Image

I also like to see this show on DVD.

TV Episodes Watched - 2009 (1419 ep) / 2010 (1367 ep) / 2011 (1509 ep) / 2012 (1440 ep) / 2013 (1191 ep) / 2014 - October
Feature Films Watched - 2012 (97 seen) / 2013 (100 seen)
Shorts Watched - 2012 (222 seen) / 2013 (87 seen)

Books Read - 2013 (12 read)

#19 of 80 OFFLINE   Derek M Germano

Derek M Germano

Second Unit

• 400 posts

Posted March 25 2008 - 02:42 PM

Put me down for MR. BELVEDERE, if it ever gets released.
Derek M. Germano
THE CINEMA LASER
2,000-plus Blu-ray & DVD reviews now playing...
http://www.thecinemalaser.com

#20 of 80 OFFLINE   Chip_HT

Chip_HT

Stunt Coordinator

• 230 posts

Posted March 25 2008 - 04:20 PM

Hmm...I know the Webb movies have made some rounds on the Fox Movie Channel. I remember watching one of them during spring break 2006.