Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Amazon.ca and The Rat Patrol

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Jim Browning

Jim Browning

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted February 05 2006 - 01:08 PM

Just a question to see if anyone else is experiencing this problem. I pre ordered The Rat Patrol: season 1 from Amazon.ca I expected it to ship on schedule, just like the dozens of other items I've ordered from them in the past. When it didn't ship, and the release date had passed us by, I checked their site and found them offering shipping in 5-13 days. I just recently looked again, and now they say shipping is in 5-8 weeks! I've written them for some information, but have yet to hear anything! On top of all that, now they have removed the listing for Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea: Season 1 from their site. Not a good day for me. Cheers, Jim

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,253 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted February 05 2006 - 02:14 PM

5 to 8 weeks is probably their way of saying "It'll be back in but we don't know when". I doubt it'll actually take that long to get to you. That's only a guess though.

The positive side of that is that the set must have outsold Amazon's expectations. Posted Image

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,390 posts
  • LocationToronto area, Canada

Posted February 05 2006 - 02:29 PM

I'm wondering if possibly those items weren't released in Canada? amazon.ca often offers U.S./U.S.-only releases until shortly after release date, then makes them unavailable or with very long lead times. I've noticed this a few times lately for things not released in Canada. The identical items are available to ship within 24 hours on amazon.com. (I'm waiting for one item from .ca for 2+ months so far that ships immediately from .com, but can't cancel it because it would screw up the free shipping I got on the rest of that order already sent...I think you know what I mean...bummer.Posted Image )

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Henry V

Henry V

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted February 06 2006 - 12:44 PM

Jim-
What happens at Amazon.Ca is that often the ASIN # they assign to an item for pre-order is changed for some internal reason and your order can go dead while the item is reassigned under a different listing. This is the case with "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", and you can find it now for pre-order here at Amazon.Ca...
http://www.amazon.ca....Fencoding=UTF8

Unfortunately I can't help you with the status of the Rat Patrol, I suggest you call their extremely helpful customer service at 1-877-586-3230 if you've had no luck with your E-mail queries.
Good luck!

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,390 posts
  • LocationToronto area, Canada

Posted February 06 2006 - 02:00 PM

Yeah, the mentioned titles were released in Canada, so that wasn't the prob...was just a thought.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Bert Greene

Bert Greene

Second Unit

• 408 posts

Posted February 06 2006 - 03:53 PM

Straying slightly from the Amazon topic, last week I went looking for the "Rat Patrol" set at my local stores, thinking it would be easy to grab. Well, it wasn't at my Best Buy, nor my Suncoast, nor my Circuit City, nor my Barnes & Noble. Guess I'm going to have to order the darned thing. I really wasn't expecting such difficulty finding this title.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,387 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted February 07 2006 - 01:26 AM

Just fnished the 1st ep. Great quality transfer! Almost a blind-buy for me....been many years since I've seen this series.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   JeffWld

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator

• 235 posts

Posted February 07 2006 - 02:16 AM

I've just noticed that my Amazon.ca order for "The Rat Patrol" has been upgraded to "shipping soon" status, which usually means it will be shipped before the close of business today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users